New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Menu links not working on mobile

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    manciaz

Hi,
    I have an issue with menu links on mobile (iphone 4s). They don’t work. I figured out that because responsive menu was not getting any item, even if I correctly assigned a menu for mobile. I could see the little box, but, while in other sites (i tested your demo too) it opens dark backgrounded menu, here it didn’t show anything and page shifted up or down (the behaviour seems like the box had a “#” url assigned, even if it han not one). I tried creating 2 or 3 menus, very simple with ony one page linked, in order to assign them to mobile version and test, but nothing. I upgraded Dante and disabled some plugins too, but nothing changed. I installed then a plugin for mobile menus and it wasn’t working too: it didn’t catch the items. Then I disabled responsive mode from theme’s main options and tested site with “normal” menu. Menu show correctly but links didn’t worked too, so I suppose it is not a specific responsive mode issue, but simply menu links don’t work (while content links and image links work fine). The strange thing is that the issue started suddenly, with no reason (worked 1 minute before and I didn’t change anything in the meanwhile)! I figured out also this: in non responsive mode (so, using the classic destktop visualization in mobile) menu links don’t work, but if I keep them pressed they open iOS options for open a page, add to, copy atc. So the problem is the normal touchscreen function on menu links.
    Any idea how to fix it?
    Maybe is a navigation js issue. I really don’t know what else I can try to do.

parmoni

Please check to make sure that you have assigned a menu to mobile display at the following location:

Admin >> Appearance >> Menus >> Manage Locations Tab

Also, I am awaiting support for something similar… if your links are jump-to links anchored to same-page elements, then there is a glitch that fails to close the mobile menu so that you can see the link destination. The navigation occurs as intended, but it’s hidden in the background behind a foreground mobile menu that persists (won’t close).

But I think you mentioned you weren’t using # urls, so I may not have any suggestions ๐Ÿ™

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi @manciaz

Please can I see your link to check the issue?

– Kyle

manciaz

Hi Kyle,
    the site is http://www.myeconference.com. Now I still have responvice turned off. But if you need it I rollback.

Thanks Parmoni for you reply, let’s see if Kyle will provide a trick again ๐Ÿ™‚

Kyle – SUPPORT

Yes please, I can’t do anything without being able to see the issue

– Kyle

manciaz

Ok Kyle, responsive is now enabled

manciaz
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Seems to be fine for me (see screenshot)

– Kyle

manciaz

Ok checked and it’s ok. As suddenly broke, it suddendly started to work again. But trust me, I’ve spent one day on that and it didn’t work! Thank you anyway Kyle.
    Have a nice day
    G.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok let me know if you have any more problems

– Kyle

manciaz

Just one question Kyle for mobile customization: if I have a theme’s css changed using my CUSTOM CSS BOX, can I provide a different version of that css that is working ONLY for mobile? Can I do that hacking mobile .css doc and inserting some !important so that my custom CSS can do any change?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Yes, you can use media queries, for e.g.:

/* Large desktop */
    @media (min-width: 1200px) { 
      YOUR CSS
    }

/* Portrait tablet to landscape and desktop */
    @media (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 979px) { 
      YOUR CSS
    }

/* Landscape phone to portrait tablet */
    @media (max-width: 767px) { 
      YOUR CSS
    }

/* Landscape phones and down */
    @media (max-width: 480px) { 
      YOUR CSS
    }

– Kyle

manciaz

That’s cool!
    So easy way to make may css adjustments for mobile
    Thanks Kyle

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You most welcome. I’m glad that issue resolved. Great Thanks Kyle :-).
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register