New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Ability Menu items taking user to new page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Ability
    staunch

I recently updated to WP 3.8.1 and was was doing some maintenance on my site. The main menu is currently taking users to a new page instead of sliding down the page. I’m hoping that I’m overlooking something very basic, but after spending a significant amount of time investigating the issue I’ve decided to ask for your assistance.
    http://www.mikepassero.com
    Thanks.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You don’t seem to have the menu set up as smooth-scroll links, please check your settings. If you are having difficulty fixing the problem, please can you provide me with a login so that I can check it out for you.

– Kyle

staunch

Hi Kyle – Sorry for my delayed response. I’m not able to locate the smooth scroll option in the settings. Where exactly would i need to look for this?

I appreciate your offer to look into this as well. How would I safely be able to get you my login info?

-Mike

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please read through this article: http://support.swiftideas.net/knowledgebase/how-to-create-a-one-page-site-using-the-one-page-navigation/

It explains how to set up the smooth scroll links.

– Kyle

staunch

Thanks for sending that along, Kyle. I’m just not sure how that applies to my theme since I’m using ABILITY, but the theme referenced in that document is DANTE. There doesn’t appear to be a page in my theme with the items mentioned in that Knowledgebase Article.

Also, I don’t believe that I changed anything to have the smooth scrolling removed from the site. I appreciate your continued assistance, and could you please explain how to apply the DANTE article to my theme.

Thanks,
    Mike

Kyle – SUPPORT

Sorry my mistake!

I am not sure about this, I will forward this to the developer.

Thanks for your patience.

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Have you checked the documentation? This details the required setup for the menu: http://d.pr/i/XdFd

The theme requires the menus to be set up in a specific way to function as expected. If you would like the page to go to the target page, rather than scrolling to that section of the homepage, then leave the title value for the menu item blank. If you wish to use the homepage functionality, then you must set the title value to one of the following:

“home” – for the homepage section on the homepage.
    “portfolio” – for the portfolio section on the homepage.
    “blog” – for the blog section on the homepage.
    “about” – for the about section on the homepage.
    “contact” – for the contact section on the homepage.
    There are also 3 custom sections that you can target, in accordance with what you select in the theme options. The titles to target these custom sections are as follows:

“custom-page-one” – for the Custom Page One page.
    “custom-page-two” – for the Custom Page Two page.
    “custom-page-three” – for the Custom Page Three page.
    It is important that you set these title assets correctly, to enable proper navigation.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

dmills1

This was really helpful! I had the same issue, but solved it based on your specs. Thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Great – glad it helped 🙂

– Ed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register