New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante "menu active state" for the one-page navigation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    21cls_media

Hello,

We were wondering if you guys have figured out how to fix the “menu active state” for the one-page navigation with the ID’s? I saw back in June 2014 (on this post), Swift Ideas – Ed said, “menu active state is something we’re working on adding.” We know how to disable it completely for now, but would much rather prefer for it to be enabled and working correctly as you click on each menu item.

Looking forward to hearing back!

Thanks!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Have you tried using #sectionid as your link? This should show the active state. If not I’ll check this with the developer

– Kyle

21cls_media

Could you please be more specific on what you mean about using #sectionid as your link? For example, currently my first section in my one-page nav menu is “About”, the Spacer ID for that section is “aboutus”, and in the menu I use “#aboutus” for the URL. Are you telling me to try something different than what I have currently? I really hope the developers figured out how to fix this.

Thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

No that’s correct, does that not give you the active link?

– Kyle

21cls_media

No, “Home” is always the active link that is underlined – no matter if you click on any of the other menu items that bring you down the page to each Section ID. That’s why I was wondering if, since June 2014, the developers had figured out how to fix it.

Kyle – SUPPORT

I’ll forward to Ed for you

– Kyle

Kyle – SUPPORT

I’ll forward to Ed for you

– Kyle

21cls_media

Thank you, I appreciate all help on this issue.

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

21cls_media

Did this get forwarded to Ed? Just wondering when I might hear from him on this issue..

Thanks

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @21cls_media

Yes it was added – you are using a very outdated version of Dante, it is on v3.2.3 now.

– Ed

21cls_media

Ed,

Thank you for alerting us to our outdated theme – we went ahead and updated WordPress and Dante! The menu is currently working now but we have now run into the issue of having the “Home” button always in “active state” while other menu buttons are in “active state”. I do get that “technically” we are always on the “Home” page and that is probably why it is always active, but we would like to turn off the active state of the “Home” button while other menu buttons are in active state (basically, making the “Home” menu button serve as a “back to top” link).

Is there code to make this possible?

Thanks again for all of your help so far.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Please test this custom CSS:

li.menu-item-1445.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.current-menu-item.page_item.page-item-1405.current_page_item a {
        color: #fff;
    }
    li.menu-item-1445.menu-item.menu-item-type-post_type.menu-item-object-page.current-menu-item.page_item.page-item-1405.current_page_item span {
        background-color: #fff!important;
    }

Thanks.

21cls_media

David,

I don’t think that the custom CSS you provided changed anything. What was it supposed to do?

David Martin – Support

Hi,

For me that removing your Home link activate state, is that what your asking?

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register