New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Mega Menu only displays 1 column

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    invisionstudios

I’m building a site with Dante, attempting to set up mega-menus. I have a 3-tier menu set up:

Beauty Treatment
    – Auto Detailing (LINK only, no page)
    — Light Hand Wax
    — Wax & Polish
    — Interior Deep Cleaning
    – Wash | Wax | Vacuum (LINK only, no page)
    — Soft Cloth Hand Wash
    — Interior Vacuum
    — Streak Free Windows

The first sub-item (Auto Detailing > Light Hand Wax) and sub-items show up, but the 2nd column do not. And the menu column extends far below the end of the text/sub menu item in the first column.

Checking the code, the menu items are rendering (

+

• ) so it appears to be a CSS issue.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot? Problem persists across different browsers, with or without plugins enabled.

I can’t share the link in an open forum (the site is unpublished) but I’ll be happy to share it privately.

Best Regards,
      Sherm Stevens

invisionstudios
    This reply has been marked as private.
    invisionstudios

One more test install, this time with the full demo data, and the mega menu works. I’m baffled!!

invisionstudios

I discovered if I turn off the mega-menu option for the main menu item, the menu functions as it should. I must have misunderstood the directions — sorry for the headaches (mine included).

invisionstudios

I’ve narrow it down to the “natural width mega menu” switch causing the issue. I’m guessing it’s having a problem determining the proper width. Will investigate.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    It seems that you managed to resolve the issue.
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

invisionstudios

Mohammed, actually I didn’t resolve the real issue, I just found another way to accomplish what I wanted. I still am not satisfied with the final result — the mega menu seems to be set to fill the screen, even though I have only 2 columns/submenus. There is a large blank area, about two columns wide, to the right of the visible menus. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot, or what CSS to hack to fix it?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @invisionstudios,

Can you provide me with a link to your site so that I can check – this should work as standard, nothing else needed.

If you could also provide a link for me to check the backend I can then see how you’ve set it up and if anything is wrong there.

Thanks,

– Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register