New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante media:print needed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    etienneg01

Hi,

I’m owning a recipe blog and when our clients try to print portfolio pages i use to display all the recipes, it’s getting really weird.
    All the short codes and url are detailed and it prints the full header and footer.

Is there a simple way with css to just render in the print version, the title of the portfolio, the picture and the content of the swift page builder( just the text and short codes in a way that it display the output and not the code)

page example of my website ! : http://www.fantasticook.fr/recettes/cote-de-boeuf/

Regards

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You will have to get a plugin for that, try this: http://wordpress.org/plugins/printfriendly/

– Kyle

etienneg01

Hi,

thank you.

I tried it yesterday, unfortunately, due to the css the user have to delete manually many writing generated by shortcodes.It takes quiet a long time to edit the document and for recipe its not the best.

Don’t you have a simple way to modify the css. It shouldn’t be really hard but i’m not finding the part in the header.php where the CSS is called.

Can you help me a little further?

Regards

Kyle – SUPPORT

To print webpages you need to create a print.css file, I will have to forward this thread to the developer to see if it is supported or not.

Thanks for your patience

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Currently we don’t have a print stylesheet included, although we’ll consider it for the future!

– Ed

etienneg01

Hello Ed,

Thanks for your answer, isn’t there any way for me to implement it ?
    I know how to build the print.css but i’m looking for a way to call this sheet in the header.php but i don’t see the code.

Can you help me a little bit ?

regards

Kyle – SUPPORT

You need to include the link in the header.php within the head tags. Not sure if it will work though.

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@etienneg01 – I’d actually probably recommend you use a child theme, and then import the @print.css file.

if you add the print.css stylesheet to the child theme, then add the following to the functions.php file in the child theme:

function child_theme_print_style() {
    wp_register_style('custom-print', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/print.css', array(), NULL, 'print'); 
    wp_enqueue_style('custom-print');
    }
    add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'sf_enqueue_styles', 100);

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register