New Landing How can we help? General Feedback & Suggestions Make it easier to Child Theme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    Tekguild

I have a feature suggestion – can you please make it easier to Child Theme in cases where custom coding is needed on the theme files?

Currently it’s nearly impossible to do so if, say, I edit the team.php file because it’s buried in too many folders, like

flexform/includes/page-builder/composer/lib/shortcodes/team.php

Having to document and test for these kinds of customizations when trying to do a theme update is a PITA. Your themes are awesome and I don’t like having to explain to clients that it will cost them extra to have me do a theme update due to the customizations I’ve made and having to go through and insert all the code and test it again.

Cheers!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but I’m fairly sure we cannot change the parent theme’s structure of a proven system and framework in order to make it easier for users to child theme ๐Ÿ™

Let your clients know how much they would have paid for a custom solution and I’m sure they will be happy to pay for a theme update ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll forward it to the developer however.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

We’ve got it on our list, but it’s something that is difficult to plan. Hopefully it will be a reality in the near future!

– Ed

Tekguild

Thank you for considering this – I *love* this theme (and any that use SPB) as it’s so versatile. Being able to Child Theme everything I change would make it even more awesome (and easier/faster to review when an update comes out).

Cheers!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thanks for the feedback ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Make it easier to Child Theme’ is closed to new replies.