New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Main Menu + Button + Individual Item Colours

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Nic

Hi there,

Firstly, amazing theme! By far the best theme ever. EVER.

I have two questions
    firstly, I’d like to shift my main menu to the left so it can fit a button on the far right side of the menu. The button would be a standard size sf_button in gold that links out to a competition. Is it possible without things looking silly (including on mobile) to add a button on the right and shift the menu over to the left?

My site is http://miiif.com.au (I hope you like it!)

My next question is – how do I go about changing the colour of individual menu items? So let’s say on my site I have a ‘buy online’ main nav item, can I make this – for example – the colour green with a purple hover state and the rest of the items stay as is?

I’m not super awesome at code, but I know a lil’ bit, so go easy on me hehehe ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, for 1 you would need to modify css and sf-header.php

To individually change colors add this custom css

.menu-item-12885 {
    background: black;
    }

.menu-item-12885:hover {
    background: black;
    color: white!important }

then duplicate that code and exchange the menu item ID which you can find in your source code and feel free to change the colors.

Cheers

Nic

Hi Melanie,

Could you give me a little more on question 1? I am aware I would need to modify css… that’s not really an answer.

Any help with the actual css would be appreciated thanks.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

It would be quite difficult to achieve this, please check: http://kylecraven.co.uk

You see the project planner? It is a menu item that I styled to make look like a button, I could help you with something like this?

– Kyle

Nic

Hi Kyle!

You’re awesome and a life saver – That’s actually EXACTLY what I want to do!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I want my nav (top bar, solid white background etc) to remain the same, I just wish to shift the nav to the left and add that exact button you have except in my accent colour…

Is it tough to implement?

Cheers
    Nic

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

No not really just some custom css, you need to add the link to your menu and then I can add the styles for you.

– Kyle

davidbrodgers

Hey Kyle,

Love the way you’ve implemented the project planner button on your site.

I’d like to implement this on my site as well.

Can you share the custom css here, or is this something you need to do on a case by case basis?

Thanks in advance!

– Dave

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I’m afraid not, this was custom development and if you wanted it on your site I’m afraid I would have to charge

– Kyle

chowdhuryraj

Hello Kyle,
    Once I click on a menu link and go to a specific page, the menu link for that page then disappears. What is the CSS code to have the menu link remain on the page? For your reference, my website is http://www.subtractframe.com

Thank you,
    Raj

chowdhuryraj

Actually, nevermind. I realize that it was just an issue of changing navigation colors. Sorry about that!

Kyle, can you tell me what you charge for that custom css to create the custom menu button mentioned in this thread?

Thank you,
    Raj

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @chowdhuryraj,

Kyle is currently on vacation, but I have sent him a note about this so he’ll reply when he returns next week.

Thanks,

– Ed

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please send me an email: [email protected] and I will be happy to help

– Kyle

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register