New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Low Thumbnail images resolution

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    cesarpaul

Dear Team,

When I upload a thumbnail image (750 x 500 px) it is shown in low resolution in the frontpage (see attached file). When you click on the post, the inner image is OK. I have to upload it as a slider, which takes much more space.

Btw, what are the thumbnail dimensions in order to edit the images?

Thank you

César

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi César,

Please check this article: http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/product-image-quality/

– Ed

cesarpaul

Hi Ed!

Thanks for the answer.

However, I guess I was not precise enough. When I said that the thumbnail image is not showing in good quality in the frontpage it was related to the blog block (page’s swift editor), mini option.

Thanks

César

David Martin – Support

Hi César,

Did you upload those images before you used this theme? If so, you may want to rebuild the featured images. Use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ajax-thumbnail-rebuild/

Thanks,

David.

cesarpaul

Hi David,

No, the theme (even the last updated version) was uploaded before the images.

I installed the suggested plugin and rebuilt the images, but they appear in low resolution in the frontpage.

Wouldn’t it be easier to upload images in the ideal dimensions for the mini blog option?

Thank you,

César

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Cesar,

Apologies, I misread what you were asking. What size images did you upload? The area is 446px wide. You can reduce the size of the thumbnail area with this css:

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {
    .has-no-sidebar .mini-items .blog-item figure {
    width: 300px;
    }
    }

– Ed

cesarpaul

Thank you for the response. I saw that the distortion only happens when the side bar option is activated and my posts do have it.

César

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I checked one of those images and their resolution is lower than expected that’s why they distort.

Check the attached image where the original image is 290 x 193 px and it’s displayed at 446 x 297 px
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z67smnmnkbz1zln/blog_feature_image.png?dl=0

try to place an image a little bit bigger than 446 x 297px

-Rui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register