New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Logo – menu nightmare (Chrome / Firefox / IE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    fowzie

Hi

Please could I have some urgent assistance with this matter? The logo appears to be extremely small and confined in height in Chrome and in Firefox & IE appears in full size but the menu is at a different alingment.

All I need is to have a normal large logo and for the menu to slightly line up with it.

Please, it would be greatly appreciated.

F

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @fowsie

Could you please provide a link to your site? I’ll happily take a look at what is wrong for you.

We’ve tested the demo site across all these browsers with no issues – so I’d be interested to see what’s different for you.

Rest assured, we’ll help you to resolve it as quick as possible!

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Just found a link to your site on another topic.

Regarding the logo on firefox, you haven’t set the width for the retina logo (this input is below the logo uploads within the theme options) – that will sort the size issue out for you.

For the sticky header, you can add the following custom css to change the background color:

#header .is-sticky .sticky-header {
    background: #fff;
    }

and the following to change the text link / hover color:

#header .is-sticky .sticky-header nav .menu > li a {
    color: #222;
    }
    #header .is-sticky .sticky-header nav .menu > li a:hover {
    color: #1dc6df;
    }

Hope that helps!

– Ed

alexvs1980

Hi Ed,

I had the same issue as fowzie.

Is there any way to change the logo when the sticky header is ON ?

I changed the sticky color background and the menu color and I would like to change the logo as well.

Thank you !

Regards,
    Alex

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

Possibly, but you’d need to do it by hiding the standard logo and displaying a background image in that area.

Are you trying to achieve something similar to the logo switch we have on this example? http://dante.swiftideas.net/home/home-eight-naked/

Have you got a link so that I can check out your site?

– Ed

fowzie

Hi Ed

I updated the site and boxes rotate ok now. I will respond about the menu not being sticky but I need to clarify something about what I am still experiencing above. It is minor and would resolve a worrying this for me.

As attached..(screenshot is from chrome).. I have uploaded two logo to WP, one for normal and one for Retina. As my previous screenshot illustrated, Firefox and IE showed a larger version of the logo which was in fact ideal, but the version in chrome is really tiny and I can’t increase it in size. In WP you have an option which says “logo width” but all that does it stretch the logo horizontally. All I am trying to achieve is increasing the logo in size like how it shows in Firefox and IE.

I hope there is some sort of override somewhere that will allow for the logo to be at it’s genuine size.

Really look forward to your reply.

Fowzie

alexvs1980

Hi Ed,

Yes, this is what I want.

Here is my URL: clouds.strateo.net

Hey fowzie, if it bothers my intrusion here, I’ll create another thread. Sorry !

Regards,
    Alex

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Currently the logo has a max-height so that the header doesn’t get too large. The logo width is just for the image size, so that the retina image is true retina.

Interested to get your input on this. Would you prefer the logo height is set based on the height of the image, or would you like to have control over this in the theme options?

– Ed

fowzie

Hi Ed

Does that mean that my problem with the logo height can’t be fixed?..even in the short term? We need to launch this site on the 2nd December and panicking a bit now. The logo can barely been seen.

To answer your question, in my opinion it is better for the user to always have control in the CMS. I am currently using a WP site which allows me to edit the logo height and width and it’s exactly what I was hoping for. See attachment.

I hope something can be done..look forward to hearing from you.

Fowzie

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Fowzie,

Sorry, no I wasn’t saying that. I was basically saying that currently that’s how we have it set.

What I’ll do is add the option within the theme options, then if you don’t set it, we’ll get the value based on the image file. So you will have control if you want it.

I’m preparing the bugfix update for tonight, but will add this in the update after, likely released Monday/Tuesday.

Don’t worry – this won’t affect your deadline!

– Ed

fowzie

Ok, thanks Ed ๐Ÿ™‚

Will keep an eye out for that Monday/Tuesday. Really do appreciate your efforts.

Yes, that would be fine too; in relation to the site using the logo image size which was uploaded.

Regards

Fowzie

P.S. About those rotating panels (www.tchsalsa.co.uk) …they’re not doing too well in IE (ok in FF and Chrome)..basically both faces are the same ๐Ÿ™‚ so on Monday I’ll just use something else…you’ve added tons of great features.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I’ll keep you updated on the logo height implementation.

What version of IE are you using? I tested IE10 and they seemed to worked well.

– Ed

fowzie

Hi Ed ๐Ÿ™‚

Just realised that I was running IE 11, oops ..reverted back to IE 10 now all is ok.

Fowzie

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Been working on the logo height option today, and think I’ve got it pretty much sorted. If anyone would like to test it out for me before I send off the update on Monday/Tuesday, then I’d be grateful – would definitely be good to make sure that it works perfectly, as expected.

If you’re interested, drop me an email via http://themeforest.net/user/SwiftIdeas and I’ll send over the build.

Thanks,

– Ed

fowzie

Hi Ed!!

Just emailed you. Could you possibly email it to me directly as the main account address is our company address which I can’t access till Monday. I confirmed my address in the message.

Look forward to trying it.

Fowzie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register