New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante # Links and Mobile Menus

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    dsolimini

Hi all,

I’ve been using # links to structure my top-level navigation. For example, the ABOUT US menu has a bunch of items below it, but there is no actual ABOUT US page, so I use a # link there. Unfortunately, the newest Dante update removes # link menu items from the mobile navigation. Any suggestions on an alternate to the # link solution I’d been using?

Thank all,
    D

Melanie – SUPPORT

I will forward this to the developer!

subscribed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi D,

It removes the # link as there is no need for them in the mobile menu, and they won’t function – bad for user experience.

The best thing to do would be to create a separate mobile menu, that way you have complete control and can set up different links.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

dsolimini

hmm. that’s disappointing. Guess I’ll look into Ubermenu.

Dave

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

What’s disappointing about it? Maybe I’m not understanding what you are trying to achieve with # links in the mobile menu – if we need to re-evaluate this then we definitely will!

– Ed

eyeconictv

What if for instance, you want to have your navigation setup and your pages are not built yet. You use the # links to keep them from leaving the page.

Maybe it is a bad practice. But in early development stages it can keep you from seeing the final product before it is fully published.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

If you need to show them, just add the following custom css:

#mobile-menu .menu-item a[href="#"] {
    	display: block;
    }

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register