New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Lightbox Distorts Product Photos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    wattsh

Hi, I don’t use the lightbox elsewhere on my site yet, so I don’t know if it’s everywhere or just the product photos, but the lightbox distorts my product images, stretching them vertically when opened. It does this on my PC screen and my ipad, (chrome and safari) but I haven’t tested it any where else. The distortion is minimal, but it is definitely there!

Has anyone had this problem before or are there any known plugin conflicts with the lightbox? I turned off some of my slider plugins, could this be causing the issue? Is there a lightbox plugin you suggest?

Please help.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Your image size settings are incorrect, you should use 471px x 712px

It’s only stretching the first image, because it’s shorter than your others

– Kyle

wattsh

Oh, I see. That’s frustrating. The image is shorter because those are the dimensions of it. Otherwise I would have to crop it or add whitespace underneath which will make the thumbnail image awkward. Also, some of my products are horrizontal photos: https://heatherwatts.com/product/bumper-cars-skull-art-print/ which also distort.

But you are correct, on images where I use the 471×712 there is no distortion.

Is there another lightbox plugin you can recommend to go with Dante that will work properly with different image dimensions?

wattsh

Actually, on further investigation, I’ve realized it also distorts on 471×712 though it is more subtle: You can tell by looking at the circle around the buddha’s head in the second photo, which looks more oval in the lightbox. https://heatherwatts.com/product/buddha-cat-necklace/

Kyle – SUPPORT

I will forward this to the developer, not sure if he has plans to change the lightbox in Dante

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Unfortunately WooCommerce’s choice of prettyPhoto for the lightbox wasn’t a great one. Try adding this custom css to force it to not distort:

#fullResImage {
    height: auto!important;
    }

– Ed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register