Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Joyn
    Bolos3000

Hello!

I am wondering if there’s an admin demo for Joyn.

I’m asking for this because I’m mainly interested in the demo content to have a look at how the demo site is done, I think I’ll start from scratch for my website.

The problem is that I already spent a lot of time trying to get the demo content working without success so far.

When I tried via Joyn Demos plugin, the website wasn’t looking like the demo, the menu was f*cked up and most annoying, it was extremely slow.

I talked about that on Themeforest and Ed gave me an .xml file of the demo content.
    That’s cool but I can’t upload it, I run into a fatal error.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 401 bytes) in /home/cyrillec/public_html/thr/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1040

I presume it’s a PHP memory limit problem and I already sent a message to my hosting provider about that.

Maybe that’s not a big deal, but it still means tweaking and waiting for answers.

Also, I’m running my site on a shared hosting, so this might led to further complications.

More questions :

– Do you use W3TC, CDN or such speed improvements on the demo site ?
    I know my connection is quite slow but Joyn demo is loading a long time before popping up.

– Do a dedicated server’ll help boost speed ?
    Certainly too vague but if you guys have some hints about that, that’d be nice.

– My question on Themeforest, left without answer :

I was wondering if you guys have a solution for the “Multi-size masonry alt” portfolio display bug ?

I’m talking about the one featured on Joyn’s demo homepage, there’s small gaps between images.

http://postimg.org/image/huz99fsej/

This is visible on Chrome, Firefox and Safari. At least on Mac OSX.

I know I can arrange this by changing the window’s size, but that’s not a professional solution.

Must be tricky tough. Great theme too.

Thanks anyway.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

1. Try Turn off the preloader in Theme Options -> General Settings -> Preloader/Transition Options
    2. In General Settings -> Performance Options You can try turn on the minify scripts.
    3. For me it gives nice results, http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/9osBX/http://cyrillecouillard.com/thr/ so if you use some cache plugins, the score may go up.
    4. Ed will reply to your email asap, maybe its not even Monday morning there. 🙂

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

Bolos3000

Hello Laranz!

Thank you for your input.

After some more time spent on Joyn, I must say that I’m extremely happy with what I’ve managed to do.

– Overall look meets my requirements.

– Finally pretty fast and no big bugs.

– Almost no css customization and short learning curve, awesome.

More detailed feedback :

– Documentation is really short (but the competition is pretty bad too on this point)

– Team feature feels useless if you want to make a complete profile for each team member
    No big deal, I used the portfolio instead.
    – Do not managed to have the subtitle appear under each portfolio item’s title on portfolio page

– Overlay menu icon bug
    – Sometimes only the bottom bar changes color on hover
    – With Naked header it doesn’t changes color (until you scroll and change to sticky header)

– French translation incomplete with some bugs
    – That said, I was aware of that before buying on Themeforest
    – If you need help with it, I’m available

I think I made an improvement that might interest you :
    – Footer menu bars (between each page) led to unpleasing bars on tablet width
    So I added #copyright nav .menu li border-left: 0 to @media only screen and (max-width: 991px)

Finally you definitely won a customer.

I’m starting working as an independent and Joyn comes up at the perfect time for me, I think I’ll buy you some more licenses in the next months.

Nice, Fast and Easy. I hope I’ll add “Reliable” in the future, but so far it’s near perfect.

About speed :

Pingdom seems a bit too nice to me, I usally use GTMetrix for their in-depth reports.
    So, on GTMetrix I get C and D grade. For a designer and a website like what I came up, it’s a pretty good result in my opinion.

But if I could go up to B (get green!) or let’s get crazy : A, that would give me another argument for selling websites.

I’ll try W3TC soon, so if you have some piece of advice or “setups” for it, I’d be glad to hear about that.

Thanks!

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Thanks so much for your kind words, if you are happy we are happy too 🙂

I definitely forward all your concerns to our development team.

Let us know, if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@Bolos3000 – Try these for speed.

– Enable the performance option in Theme Options > General > Performance
    – Install Better WordPress Minify plugin, and enable the CSS minifcation only.
    – Install WP Super Cache plugin

We’ll check the other things you’ve noted.

Thanks,

– Ed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register