New Landing How can we help? Atelier Issue with image quality on product page and ajax add to cart

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    HoGo

Hi,

Bought your Atelier theme recently. I have 2 following issues:

1. When I click on “Add to cart” the page reloads, and the cart content section is not displayed in top right corner. I do have in Woocommerce the “Enable AJAX add to cart buttons on archives”. Any idea what could be wrong?

2. The main image on product page is blurred. In the setting I have set as you suggested in manual 700×904. However the image is 600x775px and scaled up to 684×884. Please let me know how to fix it.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Hope you are enjoying Atelier.

Regarding the issues:

1) Will need your site url, and also admin credentials if necessary to adjust any Theme option. Send that info in a private reply.

2) Although you uploaded the images with a good quality, probably your Woocommerce image settings are with smaller dimensions. Check the article below of how should be your image settings.

Product Image Quality

Since you already uploaded some images, after changing the settings you need to regenerate the thumbnails like it’s explained in the article.

-Rui

HoGo
    This reply has been marked as private.
    HoGo

Hi, sent you the credentials. I have first changed the setting and then uploaded images. Please check yourself, the site is not live yet.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems you did it right. Not sure why the resolution is 600×775
    Will forward it to our head developer.

-Rui

HoGo

Hi, any news?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi HoGo,

Apologies for the delay!

Check out this guide: http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/resizing-the-product-imagesummary-area/

That will allow you to reduce the size of the product image area so that it is not upscaled. We are introducing a theme option for control over this in the v1.2 update.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

HoGo

Hi,

I am sorry, but this does not help. The problem is not with resizing image with css. I have set some image size setting in woocommerce setting as in your manual, and image with different size is being used.

This is backend not frontend issue.
    Bogusz

HoGo

Also, please note I am still wiating for response to my question no 1.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi HoGo,

Those image settings are not used for the theme’s main product image, as the size of the product area is set via CSS – we override this to ensure the quality of the imagery. I have just noticed it’s at 600 when it should be 700, so have fixed that, thank you for pointing that out. That will be in the update this week, although happy to send it over to you sooner if needed.

For #1, is this on the product detail page? Unfortunately variable products aren’t supported with AJAX (this is a WooCommerce shortcoming) – although we are working on making this possible ourselves in the near future. Currently the cart content will only show when a product is added via AJAX.

– Ed

HoGo

Ok. How can I add a bigger image as product image to make zoom bigger?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi HoGo,

The image used for the product zoom is the uploaded file – so all you need to do is upload one large image for the product, and then that is resized down for the product display image.

– Ed

HoGo

OK Thank you

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register