Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Jesper Billeskov

Hi Swift,

I have been told that my website has a huge amount of unnecessary inline CSS with a significant negative impact on page speed. Apparently, all these lines should be placed in a CSS file in stead. I have two questions in relation to this matter:

1. Did I do anything wrong along the line that generated all of these lines?
    2. How do I exactly solve the problem and put all of these lines into a CSS file in stead?

I’m using a child theme in which I have created a style.css file referring to the css file in the parent theme (see attachment).

As I’m not a technical mastermind (at all), I’m bit reluctant to make changes in the code myself.

I’m looking forward to your reply.

– Jesper Billeskov

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Who told you that?

It’s everything fine that way you did.

The dynamic css options in the color customizer can’t be placed inside a css, technological it won’t work. That’s all the customizable colors,css options are written by an php code.

-Rui

Jesper Billeskov

Hi Rui,

Thanks for your reply.

My SEO agency told me that.

They said that if you look in the code on e.g. this page http://skateshop.dk/produkt-kategori/skateboards/?show_products=150, there is a couple hundred lines that should be placed in a css file in stead. Right now every single page is loading all those lines every time you click on a new sub page on my site. Which impacts the page speed.

They said that this is not the right way to do it (as it should have been placed in a css file). Do you disagree with that?

– Jesper Billeskov

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

our demo site also has the same code and it’s fast. Has I said since the options are dynamic we can’t have a statitic css for those, there is no way to do it.

Why we would have static css inside style.css and this other css if is was possible to place it inside the style.css??

Check also your installed plugins that can be also slowing down the site, altough I don’t think it’s slow at all. The hosting is a crucial factor in speed, our sites are hosted in WP Engine.

-Rui

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register