New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante IMPORTANT!! REVSLIDER UPDATE.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    JCTorpey

I’m having a similar issue – the link works, but the package isn’t working (I think). When I upload the plugin to install manually (because for some reason it was “uninstalled” and the theme is asking me to install it) I get the following:

Installing Plugin: Revolution Slider

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Could not copy file. /home2/jctorpey/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/release_log.txt

Plugin install failed.

Return to Required Plugins Installer

This happens from both the “required plugins installer” and when trying to install it using the basic plugin installer.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

That sounds like an issue with your plugins folder not being writeable.

Have you tried uploading the zip manually?

– Ed

bkipfer

I have tried a number of times and keep getting the following error: “Could not copy file… Plugin install failed”

I am using the Neighborhood theme and Revolution Slider isn’t even listed on the Plugins page anymore.

Any suggestions? Please help!

JCTorpey

Yes – I did try it manually and got the same error. However, I was able to figure out what happened on my own, so I figure I’d let you and the rest of the users know what happened (cause I see others having the same issue) and what I did.

I thought the same thing you did and went to CPanel, which showed the revslider plug in still there. I attempted to delete it from the file manager, but to no avail (which was when I posted above for help). Each time I deleted it and refreshed the page to make sure it was gone, it came back.

So, I waited for an answer and getting up this morning to think on the issue over lots of coffee (because the other themes I”m using the plug in with were doing the same thing), I went back to the file manager to really look at the files. Lo and behold the plug in permissions were wrong. It turns out Hostmonster in their infinite wisdom and wanting to help stop hackers changed the permissions to 000 to disable the plugin because of the emergency. They are the reason I knew about the issue because they emailed, but they didn’t tell me about what they did.

So all I had to do what change the permissions to 755, delete the revslider file, and presto – I was able to upload the updated rev slider and all is good.

I really hope this helps someone else out there (and thank you Ed once again for helping!)
    ~JC Torpey

JCTorpey
    This reply has been marked as private.
    bkipfer

JC Torpey, thank you so much for helping me out! I use Hostmonster as well and that was exactly the problem.

You just saved me a ton of time and stress. Many, many thanks.

– Bryce

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing @JCTorpey – glad you did.

Don’t need to worry about the update from ThemeForest – this was just to replace the included rev slider build.

– Ed

juliakozlov

Hey Guys,

Dealing with this issue tonight as I got an e-mail from my hosting company about the security notice this morning. On this end, I visited the site and neither the slider nor my content was showing up. I went to update everything – and everytime I upload the new version of the Rev Slider, the folder shows up empty. The tab does not show on my dashboard either.

I am guessing I got hacked? I am wondering how to solve this?

Any help is much appreciated. Happy to send you my login.

juliakozlov

You are awesome! I’ve been battling this for 2 hours now as I also use Hostmonster and have the same issue. Gonna go change the permissions right now.

Kms

Hi,
    I can not access to the RevSlider Admin panel to update the plugin.
    How can i update with ftp please?
    Thanks a lot

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

That’s great.
    -Rui

Benjamin

This Revolution Slider is one headache after the next!

Just tried to deactivate it and re-upload – FAIL. Tried to rewrite via FTP – FAIL.

Reinstalled the old version. WORKS.

I give up. 🙁

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi @Benjaming,

It’s important that the update is done for the security reasons Ed posted in this topic.

The ftp should worked only if your server directories are not set with the proper permissions.
    Contact your hosting provider about the ftp issue.

Can you open a new topic an give us more detail about the errors you are facing? It’s important to update this new version.

-Rui

Benjamin

The error is just a blank slider. All our other plugins update fine.

What is the recommended method to update? Install ZIP? Overwrite on FTP? Delete and Re-upload? Is there somewhere in the plugin that will update for me? E.g. auto-update.

I understand the importance for updates but this plugin has been no end of headaches from day 1.

Thanks

Benjamin

Just found the Manual Update option in the Revolution Plugin Settings in the bottom right hand corner under the scrolling update list. Not exactly obvious placement but now updated and working.

Sorry for my impatience. Plugins do my nut in sometimes!

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register