Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
    creatorofstuff

I’ve given up on using the demo data by now but just for some more feedback, I only tried the alt version, and it never did work completely. However, I did end up with the pages after I deleted my website and reinstalled WordPress and the theme, starting from scratch. But I was never able to upload any images, which made some of the pages look weird. Anyway, this leads me to believe that it has something to do with either the images being too big, or not where they are supposed to be. ? Or…?

weareinspected

I too am having this problem. Have tried absolutely everything with our webhost – vidahost. Maxed out the memory, timeout and the server is at capacity.

It would be really good to be able to import the full demo content – it looks incredible.

Ed – this is an impractical option but is there anyway you could upload a copy of the database that is attached to the demo site? We’d probably need a zip of images to upload too with the correct directory.

dejavu

I totally agree that there should be a zipped file. This is a very bad issue that alot of people are having. I still haven’t been able to upload the demo content and I really need it for me to have some kind of perspective in setting up the store just like the demo. This is the main reason why I bought the theme.

Please provide a zipped file for the demo for the full content.

dejavu

Ed,

I will give you my credentials for you to upload the demo content so I can move on and get my products installed correctly to this theme. It’s been all day that I’m trying to get this done to no avail. And, yes I have read the documentation to only have some categories uploaded so far but nothing else. Nothing is showing on my website at all, only the logo and some links at the top of the page.

weareinspected

Agreed – solution would be to upload a zip of a working WordPress installation with the demo content installed and SQL db accompanying. Is this possible Ed?

dejavu
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Glen Cuoco

I just bought Neighborhood and am also having issues with the Demo Data upload. However, the error I get is a 404 – Page cannot be found. I tried both the full and smaller versions, but get the same error.

Any ideas?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Looking into this today. I’m assessing current options, but providing a zip file of the demo site uploads folder would take it to over 500mb of content – something that just wouldn’t be feasible.

My plan is to reduce the ALT file down to a small filesize, with as little imagery as possible. Hopefully I’ll have something for you later on today.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Got a new ALT file here, with much smaller filesize. Hopefully this will be more successful for everyone – http://cl.ly/QCaY

– Ed

Glen Cuoco

Sorry, but I could use a bit of help here. I clicked on the hyperlink above and the browser opened up the file as a .htm file, showing all the source. So, I saved it to my desktop and tried to upload within Wordpres, but got the following message:

Import WordPress
    Sorry, there has been an error.
    This does not appear to be a WXR file, missing/invalid WXR version number

I then removed the .htm extension, leaving it as .xml but that gave the same error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please. Thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

If you open up the link, then you could right click on the direct link top right and click SAVE TARGET AS.

– Ed

Glen Cuoco

Ed, Thank you so much for your help. The new files worked great, once you helped me to access it properly, so now I’m ready to get going with this great theme. I’m fairly new to WordPress, so am finding that purchasing a theme which closely resembles what I want to achieve, then modifying the theme to have it produce what I need has been a blessing.

I was very impressed with this theme, as soon as I saw it, but what fully convinced me to purchase it was the excellent service you are continually providing.

Congratulations to the entire team!

Glen

fabulush

Hi!

I am unable to Save the file as you instructed to Glen.

I still get the error : Sorry, there has been an error.
    This does not appear to be a WXR file, missing/invalid WXR version number

How else can I get this XML file?

Thanks!

Elson

Hello Fabulush, i had the same problem as you are having, the option to save as when you right click will apear if you are using Internet Explorer browser okay? i hope you have successful now, and sory fo my english very bad.

Regards
    Elson

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I’ve attached a zipped file with the xml inside to this post for you to download if you have issues downloading the file from the link.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register