Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Unfortunately not, that’s the only way to import the demo content at this time.

– Ed

tabasc0

I’m just sharing some experience that works fine with me. When timeout just go back the page and reload again with box “Download and import file attachments” checked and wait again. Do it until you got that some files already exists and you will see in down corner “have fun” message. All content it’s fine and no duplicated.

mpr186

Ok tabasco, I’m going to try this now. thanks alot.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for the tip @tabasc0 , I wasn’t aware of this so will keep it in mind for the future!

– Ed

mpr186

Tried it, but it doesn’t work. Only a few images were imported in the end.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

The alt file only includes a few shop items/posts/portfolio items. The full file includes everything that you see on the demo site.

– Ed

neoswift

Hey guys,

Just purchased. Trying to install demo data on localhost and Server. Neither work nor the XML file provided in the link above. I can see that the file I just downloaded from the Forest has your dev site in it. But can’t find the problem that’s doing an Internal Server Error. All settings are correct as per your instructions.

Oh too, I appreciate quality sample content but some of this stuff is way big and probably not helping as we try to import.

http://neighborhood.swiftideas.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/16494750_72dpi_flip1.jpg = 554k alone.

Hope this gets fixed soon cause its a STUNNING THEME!!! 🙂

creatorofstuff

I’m having the same problem. Called my host and they had me delete my entire site, and reinstall WordPress. Didn’t work. I also tried the new alt xml file. Now I have some posts, but none of the images, slider, products, not even a menu. I’ve wasted an entire afternoon so far.

Now what?

Elson

Hello Ed, i have tried all methods posted here, and i also tried your new alt version too, but no success, i think you could provide us only few posts, pages, images on theme package, and leave full only live preview, another question i dont want to use it for retina displays so could i change images resolution width and height to become the website a bit more Lightweight?

Best regards and sorry for my bad english,
    Ps: thank you for this exelent job i hope it will become one of best seller.

Elson Santos

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Unfortunately the issue is with the import process and the server requirements for it, not to do with our files. The ALT file only includes the bare minimum for a demo content file.

@creatorofstuff
    – did you check the box to import file attachments? Have you checked the documentation on how to set up the sliders/menus? http://neighborhood.swiftideas.net/documentation

– Ed

creatorofstuff

Hi – Yes, I did check the box to import. Well, at least on some of my attempts. When I did that it would hang up for quite awhile and then come back with the message that many of the imports failed. It appears that most of the images were not uploaded.

As for the slider doc, I have read it but didn’t actually realize I needed to do that for the demo pages. Sorry. 🙁 Not sure it matters since no images uploaded, however.

But I think I’m going to give up on the demo pages for now. I only needed them because 1) I am having a problem with my products and the person helping me asked me to upload the demo, try one thing, and then get back to him. 2) I also wanted to see the size of the large image used in the Revolution slider because of some problems I am having with aspect ratio on mine.

I’ll keep watching this thread, though, in case I get some insights. Thanks for your great support. 🙂

dejavu

What folder is the demo content supposed to be uploaded to?

jhm1984

I also have import sample data problems, all the php.ini stuff is correct. Import checkbox for download and import attachments checked, the issue is it takes forever. I notice the script consuming 100% of my server resources. I noticed that it is adding content in the wp-content/uploads directories but when it ads one .jpg file, it also deletes itself after a few minutes then replaces it with a new file.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@jhm1984 – have you tried the new ALT version of the XML? http://cl.ly/Q3xo

Does the page itself do anything if you leave the process running?

– Ed

mpr186

I tried the new XML, didn’t work, same problem I got with the FULL version of it.
    It lags for a minute or two then fails.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register