New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Images ALT and TITLE attributes not showing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    oishivila

Hi,

First of all, congratulations on this great theme! Second of all, anticipated apologies for my bad english.

I have noticed that the images title and alt attributes are not showing. You know, that tooltip that appears when we hover an image. Seems like you disabled it somehow, since its not showing in the live demo too (in http://neighborhood.swiftideas.net/).

In my knowledge (and humble opinion), this may affect a lot SEO, so can you please provide a fix?

Many thanks,

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi!

I’m afraid it would be a lot of work to quickfix this for you, so I will forward this to the developer of the theme to consider for an official update.

Note however that we cannot control the title tags of the revolution slider and WooCommerce, as they are third party plugins and would need to be improved by the plugin developers.

Cheers

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

The title/alts are there, we just remove them with JS on load to remove the nasty white tooltips. This doesn’t affect SEO at all.

– Ed

oishivila

Hi, Melanie and Ed,

All right, thanks! I should say my main concern was really SEO, but also I needed to display the nasty tooltips for information usage.

So, for anyone interest, the file is /js/functions.js and you will need to comment/remove these lines around 1421:

jQuery(‘img[title]’).each(function() {
    jQuery(this).removeAttr(‘title’);
    });

Melanie – SUPPORT

Great, thanks for posting that up!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register