New Landing How can we help? Atelier Image Resizing & Optimization

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    afaraji

Hello,

I have two questions regarding my thumbnail images;

1. My thumbnails for portfolio pages are being cropped. Will this get fixed if I regenerated these thumbnails using ‘Ajax Thumbnail Rebuild’ or ‘Ewww Image Optimizer’

2. If the answer to my first question is ‘yes’, my next question is how should I go about finding the correct thumbnail sizes that I need to enter for regenerating. I used Firebug to view the thumbnails dimension sizes in the HTML, but I’m not sure if this is correct.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

The image sizes for the portfolio are set in the php, the ratio is 4:3, would you like it to be something different?

– Kyle

afaraji

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don’t mind the thumbnail sizes, except that some of my images are getting cut off by a few pixels (see attached image). I wasn’t aware that thumbnail images were being hard cropped in the php.

It would be most ideal if my portfolio thumbnails could match the dimensions of my shop thumbnails.Is there anyway to make that work?

Thanks.

AF

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

You need to adjust your image size settings in Woocommerce and regen thumbnails to prevent them being cropped

– Kyle

afaraji

I see. So adjusting my WooCommerce thumbnail size will effect my portfolio thumbnail size? Because I’m not having any issues with shop thumbnail sizes, just the portfolio.

Also when you say ‘regen images’ are you referring to using a plugin like Ajax Thumbnail Rebuild’ or ‘Ewww Image Optimizer’?

Thanks!

Kyle – SUPPORT
    afaraji
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok like I said you will need to edit sf-portfolio.php

– Kyle

afaraji

Hmm I’m not particularly familiar with editing those files. Is there a line you could direct me to in that file?

Also would a possible solution be to upload a slightly smaller thumbnail for those portfolio items that are being cut off?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Add this code to your child theme’s functions.php file: http://d.pr/n/1jMhZ/4InOt2Z3

– Kyle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register