New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante IE8 logo problem & grey spacer box at bottom of pages

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Kimley

Hi,

I’ve noticed that my logo isn’t showing properly in IE8. It just appears to be a sliver of the image showing. In double checking, I do not see the Dante logo when I look at the sample site in IE8 either.

I’m using WordPress 3.8.1 and using Dante Child Theme with Dante 2.16. and this is my dev site: http://jspigner.pairserver.com

I’ve set the logo width and height with numeric values (no px) for both the regular version and the retina version (I’ve left them at the same size.) I’m using header 6.

I really need to have something there in IE8 as my client has a large corporate audience who unfortunately still use IE8. I’m fine with all the fancy animations not working in IE8 but really need to have the logo…

I’m also seeing a light grey box outline at the bottom of all the pages in IE8.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks so much for any help!

Kimley

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hey, does that also happen in our demo for you?

Can you try adding this custom css:

#logo img {
    width: 272px;
    height: 42px;
    }

maybe it helps if we define a size to the image.

Cheers

Kimley

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Unfortunately, this did not make any change. I still don’t see the logo properly.

I do not see the logo in the Dante demo in IE8 (screenshot below) so I’m quite worried about this glitch. Unfortunately, I can’t use this theme if the logo doesn’t show up in IE8. I can live with some of the other glitches in IE8 but I do need basic content to show.

Please let me know if this can be fixed.

Thanks so much!

Kimley

Melanie – SUPPORT

On which OS are you?

Kimley

I’m seeing the same problem in both Windows XP/IE8 and Windows 7/IE8. I use browserstack.com to check my sites.

Thanks!

Kimley

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, Windows XP support has been shut down, and I don’t think we can support an OS that is 13 years old. I will ask the developer for clarification tho.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Kimley – the demo issue occurs because of a minify/CDN hosting issue – not an actual issue with the theme.

Can you try adding the following custom css too:

.header-6 #logo {
    width: 272px;
    }

– Ed

Kimley

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That did the trick.

So relieved. I’m very happy with this theme. Beautiful design and great flexibility.

And great support too!

Thanks again!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Great!

Kimley

Hi,

Unfortunately, I need to revisit this issue as I’ve just discovered that the solution is causing a problem with the mobile menu. The mobile menu works fine when I remove the custom css but the menu drops below the logo when I have this custom CSS. I’m attaching a screen shot.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

I did do the latest upgrade to Dante 2.5. The problem was happening before the upgrade and is continuing after the upgrade.

Thanks so much!

Kimley

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please use this custom css

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
    .header-6 #logo{width:auto;}
    }

Hopefully it should work 100% .

Thanks

Kimley

Fantastic! This did the trick. I had to change it to 768px to get it to work in portrait mode on older iPads but now it’s all working great.

Thanks so much!

I’m so happy with the excellent support on this theme!

Kimley

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You most welcome .Please drop a testimonial here http://swiftideas.net/contact/ .
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register