New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante I need to create a full width image container with a black background

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    CurtisLea

Check out the site at fdiforearmcrutches.com. Notice that there’s a large amount of single panel rev sliders that I’ve used because of the how it allows for the container to go full width with a background colour. In this case black.

I’d like to be able to create an extra CSS class name that I could reference in the image element that will allow me to create images with a back background and have the container fit the image to the height without any padding top or bottom to achieve the same look.

I tried inputting the code into a text box using the container-fluid class but it’s still restricted to the width of the page container.

Is it possible to do this with an addition to the Custom CSS field in the theme options and then reference the new class in the image element setup? Is the image element field within a container that might prevent this?

I tried to use the rev slider for this in case we wanted to animate stuff down the road, but the mobile links are all screwed up in every usage of the rev slider. So I’d just as well make it an image box or a text box and get rid of whatever extra code is causing the issue(s).

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can try the Row asset setting the desired background and include an image asset inside the row.

-Rui

CurtisLea

Yeah I’d try that if I had any idea of what you just said.

I’ve tried to figure out the css code and how to implement it. It’s not happening. I need a little more help than that.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

In that provide me a mockup image of what you are trying to do and will need admin credentials to try to create it for you. Reply in a private reply.

You also need to read the theme documentation
    dante.swiftideas.net/documentation/

-Rui

CurtisLea
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

It would work if you removed the button from the image and added an actual button to the slide

– Kyle

CurtisLea

Hi

It would work if you removed the button from the image and added an actual button to the slide

– Kyle

You’d think that would be the case wouldn’t you? Except that the links embedded in the rev slider. Even the one used on this example page. That works in a desktop browser, don’t work on mobile devices. If you checked, you’d see that while the entire image had been marked as a link that works in a desktop browser, it does not work on iPhones, Blackberries, android phones, iPads or android tablets. So anything mobile, thus my problem and my reason for asking for your assistance.

The image links don’t work, the buttons don’t work. The only thing that I’ve found works for mobile links in a rev slider are when it links to videos. For some reason, those work.

So is there any chance you might actually be able to help me with this? Because that suggestion had been tried long ago. Also the button sizes were all over the place in different browsers and platforms. They looked like crap and I couldn’t use them as you’ve implemented them just from a design standpoint. Even if the links worked on mobile devices.

CurtisLea

Is there any chance I might get a reply to this?

CurtisLea

Hello? Is there anybody out there in support land?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I forward this issue to my colleague. He will assist shortly.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

CurtisLea

OK this is getting ridiculous. It’s been a week trying to get a useful response.

5 star support system…. my ass.

Your theme is broken and will not allow my rev slider links to work on mobile devices.

Mobile Ready…. yeah right.

Check out the main slider on the top of the home page here (http://fdicrutches.com) on a mobile device and see if the links work for you, because they don’t for me and they don’t for my client or anybody else that I’ve had try it. The first three slides should all go to their respective product pages.

Now try them on a mobile device here: http://galleryeditions.com

See how they work if I don’t use your theme?

So there’s no bloody way you tell me that this is some sort of an issue with the revolution slider, because I’ve been through their support while waiting for a response here and the first thing they did was have me create the example above to prove it wasn’t their product.

This post was to try and find a work around to be able to use the styling I wanted but is broken when I use the tools in your theme and supplied plug-ins. Since I know it’s not the plug-in, it has to be your theme.

You guys have left me here with finished site that I’ll have to toss out and rebuild with another theme that actually works if you can’t help me sort out the issues within your theme.

I’m seriously unimpressed by this horrendous support for an obvious problem. Not only have you ignored the underlying condition that has me searching for a work around, but you can provide no assistance to help me create a simple work around either. This would indicate that you’re either unqualified to help, or indifferent to it. In either case I guess I wind up the loser having spent both the cash on your product and the time spent developing the site in the hope that your support system would be able to help me work through any issues that arose.

I am using the latest versions of both the theme and the plug-in and I know my server settings are not the culprit either as I use the same LAMP stack on both examples.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @CurtisLea

Sorry to hear that you aren’t happy with the service. In relation to the time it’s taken, please refer to our support policy, as we work on the oldest topic first (the last reply) – this is why it’s taken so long for replies. I do admit that the time you waited for a reply was longer than usual, and apologise for that.

I’ve just tested the issue locally, and was unable to replicate it in any way. I’ve noticed on that test site that it only has the Revolution Slider active – whereas on your site you have LayerSlider and possibly other plugins active.

Would it be possible for me to login to you site and disable any other plugins, and test to see if I can find the cause of the issue? I’m positive that it isn’t an issue with the theme, but if it is then rest assured I will prioritise a fix for this for you.

I’ve assigned the topic to myself as a priority until it’s resolved.

Hope we can regain your trust in our service.

– Ed

CurtisLea

Have you tested the issue on a mobile device? I know they work fine on a desktop, but they don’t work on mobile devices. Not the full slide links, not the button links, not any other sort of embedded link will work, except the video links. Those work for some reason, while the others don’t.

Checkout http:fdiforearmcrutches.com/test-page on a phone or tablet and see if the top slider link works. It doesn’t work on my iPhone, nor my iPad, nor my client’s blackberry, his wife’s S5 or their android tablets. Sure it works on desktops, but I purchased this theme for the mobile features and they’re just not working.

As for the plugins I have only got the ones activated that came with your theme and if I turn off the supplied plugins that came with your theme, the theme tells me they should be reactivated.

CurtisLea
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @CurtisLea

Yes – tested on a mobile device here, the same device as your site – I can replicate the issue on your site, but it works absolutely 100% on my local demo site.

Obviously we wouldn’t knowingly ignore this issue – we have designed the theme to be functional on mobile, and understand the importance of mobile. It is definitely not an intended shortfall in the theme, and it does seem like a rare conflict of some sort.

As far as the notice to install the plugins – this is purely to let users know they are there, as soon as you dismiss the notice you will never see it again.

I’ve logged into your site and will test a few things now.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register