New Landing How can we help? Atelier http error on file upload

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    aaronniziol

I have requested the error log, and the line you suggested adding to the wp-config.php file was already in there.

thank you

David Martin – Support

Great, let us know what the provide you with.

Thanks.

aaronniziol

I spoke with Godaddy.com, they said because I have a WordPress hosting server there are no error logs. Here’s their quote:

“There isn’t a control panel – the wordpress is designed to work as is. If there is an issue with an error that usually displays in the browser and is very specific, not needing an error log.”

That being said, the very specific error I get is “http error”

Do you guys have any other ideas, I’m trying to start a business here and spent over a month on this issue. I love the template so much but if it does’t allow my customers to upload images through my site it’s completely useless to me.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

That is a strange response from them, would you consider switching to WP-Engine?

Can you please add a dropbox link to an image you are trying to upload (that is producing a http error), I’ll need to use that in further testing.

Thanks.

aaronniziol

I have already invested too much money in my GoDaddy hosting service/email/ssl/SEO/etc. and am paid up for 3 years. I would eat a lot of money walking away from them to go to WP-Engine which is far more expensive per month. I don’t have hundreds of dollars to throw away like that. Financially it would make more sense to use a different template but I love Atelier and don’t want to start from scratch again building my site with a different template.

The problem isn’t GoDaddy, uploading files works in every other theme i’ve tried flawlessly, no matter the size of the file. I’ve uploaded 30mb files no problem with other themes. I’ve used free wordpress themes, woo commerce themes, elegant themes and haven’t had any issue. I can give you my login info and you can try it yourself, Atelier upload fails, any other them upload success. I even paid you guys $50 for installation which was a waste because I still have the same problem.

You can see in the screen shots I’ve attached, I activated “WooCommerce Storefront theme” and uploaded 9 images and they all loaded fine. I then activated “Atelier theme” and attempted to upload the exact same 9 images, from the same computer using the same internet connection and got errors on 8 out of 9 of the upload attempts. The file that made it through using Atelier was 707kb (8-bit, RGB, JPEG, 1500px x 1000px), there were several smaller files that didn’t. Here’s the link to view my screen shots:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yqmf9jp5w1liwo7/AADfBuNkBvNjCk3kNMvVnfM8a?dl=0

As I’ve stated in this thread, I am building a photo retouching website where I’ll need my customers to upload their photos so I can retouch them. So without being to upload files I am dead in the water and losing money everyday.

Thank you for any help you can provide me in advance. I apologize if I seem brash, but you came in late to this thread so I’m already completely exhausted and frustrated with this issue as it has been ongoing for over a month now.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

We will do our best to find a solution for you, first I need to replicate this and will you to supply me with the photos that are failing on the upload.

I even paid you guys $50 for installation which was a waste because I still have the same problem.” – this is not us, we do not do that service. You paid Envato, which would have sourced you a freelancer.

Thanks,
    David.

aaronniziol

I see you were able to upload images, I don’t get it. Did you switch to a different theme to upload them? When I called Godaddy they were able to upload as well. But I have tried on 4 different computers in different locations using different internet providers and browsers with only random success. I can’t have random success when my site is live or I’ll lose customers.

Here is a link to my dropbox with the images I tried to upload again, along with a screen shot that shows the 2 images that uploaded successfully and the 8 failed uploads. There doesn’t seem to be any consistency as to which one upload successfully and which ones fail.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yqmf9jp5w1liwo7/AADfBuNkBvNjCk3kNMvVnfM8a?dl=0

I was hoping to get this site launched by christmas, I feel that it would be a busy time for people to want their photos retouched. Would you guys be willing to let me borrow a different theme to see if the upload works with something else. If it doesn’t work you can delete it from my server, if it does I maybe I can swap or get a refund and buy the test theme. I love your design and swift builder, maybe if a different them worked I could just switch. This has been ongoing for 6 weeks now and i’m ready to move on. If not, can you inform me of your refund policy, I feel I have provided ample evidence and done all I can and your product still isn’t working as it should for me.

I don’t feel like this should matter, but I’m working exclusively on Mac computers. Like I said, every other theme I tried works fine so my computer can’t be the issue.

Thank you again for your assistance.

David Martin – Support

Great, thanks. When I go to login wp-admin, it get’s re-directed to this URL: http://www.fossilfoto.com:443/wp-admin/

Have you changed the login URL as I cannot access the admin to perform my tests?

Refunds are handled by ThemeForest, unfortunately you will need to log a ticket with them. In the meantime, please let me know about the login URL so I can test this further to help you.

Thanks.

aaronniziol

that happens to me sometimes as well. If you delete the “:443” and refresh the login pops up.

http://www.fossilfoto.com/wp-admin/

aaronniziol

Would you guys be willing to let me test one of your other themes to see if the upload works? Or would I have to get a refund and purchase a different one. And then get a refund if that doesn’t work. I’ve wasted so countless hours with this theme and I’m just trying to streamline a bit.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Good news, I can replicate this on your site so I can see exactly what you are seeing.

Can I ask you to please now, test this again: https://www.fossilfoto.com/wp-admin/media-new.php.

Thanks.

aaronniziol

Boom!

All 10 files uploaded perfectly. I even added a few 10-12mb file without issues.

So may I ask what was broken? And if I have customers uploading photos to my site they should be able to without issues as well correct?

Thank you so much for your assistance, I will keep testing this over the next few days.

David Martin – Support

This seems to be a common issue with GoDaddy, I add the below function to your child theme which changes the order in which the system checks for available graphic libraries.

The query for Godaddy is what version of ImageMagick are they using on their servers, their support should have picked this up as soon as you mentioned it as a quick Google search of Godaddy HTTP image upload error returns many customer complaints over the years.

add_filter( 'wp_image_editors', 'change_graphic_lib' );
    function change_graphic_lib($array) {
        return array( 'WP_Image_Editor_GD', 'WP_Image_Editor_Imagick' );
    }

Thanks,
    David.

cudarz

Any chance this can work on MediaTemple as well? I am getting the same error many-many times.

David Martin – Support

Enable your Atelier child theme, paste this into the functions.php file and test it:

add_filter( 'wp_image_editors', 'change_graphic_lib' );
    function change_graphic_lib($array) {
        return array( 'WP_Image_Editor_GD', 'WP_Image_Editor_Imagick' );
    }

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register