New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante HTML Modules will not save with copy pasted text

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    scubadollar

If I create a Raw HTML module in the swift builder I can add code by hand to my hearts content and save the module BUT if I copy paste the excat same code (from either a rapidphp or.txt file) it locks up and won’t save. Click the save button and nothing happens at all. When I delete that copy pasted line then it saves and if I retype it in by hand it is fine. ????

Any ideas?

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,

There must be some pre-formatting being copied with the text Or there could be some third party plugin that is causing the issue Or there could be some browser extension that is causing the issue.

Please try deactivating the Un-recommended Plugins. Try Another Browser.

Best
    -Tahir

scubadollar

Hi Tahir, thanks for the response.

I have no extra plugins. Only difference from the standard is I chose not to include Woo commerce.

As far as formatting, I thought that too so I removed all formatting from the code by saving it as plain text and also as html so I could see clearly that no formatting existed. I have tried copy pasting small amounts and it works a couple times then locks. I have to cancel the process to get out of the dialogue.

I even tried removing all extra spaces and line breaks in the code with the same result.

It is very finnicky and provides no warnings whatsoever.

I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and IE 11 and all react the same.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

When it won’t let you save, check the browser console – does it show any errors?

Try copying the code into a text editor first, and then copying it – that might resolve the code for you.

– Ed

scubadollar
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Melanie – SUPPORT

Please paste the code to a raw (!) text editor first, on mac for example textedit, switching to unformatted text first, then copy it from there again.

Cheers

scubadollar

Hi Guys and Gals,

Fair enough the problem was special characters but the real problem is this…

If I place an html entity in the RAW HTML Module for example: ™ and then save it, it converts it to a character and then if I try and edit, it won’t save again because it was converted to an improperly encoded character. So in order to work with the RAW HTML modules I need to create an html file and make all my edits there and then copy paste the entire thing in to the Swift RAW HTML form to save it. If I make any edits directly in the editor it packs up and requires me to delete and rewrite the html entities.

Possibly at minimum an error warning might make it nicer to work with? Encoding is a bitch I know but the standard wordpress wysiwyg is no where near as finicky as this HTML Module.

Tahir – SUPPORT

Have assigned this to Ed-The Developer , I am sure he can investigate into this for future updates.

Thanks
    Tahir

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @scubadollar,

Thanks for explaining this.

Can I ask if the code works ok if you paste it into the text tab of a standard Text block?

Will keep an eye on the topic.

– Ed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register