New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante HOW TO MAKE ANCHOR LINKS SCROLL TO PAGE ELEMENTS INSTEAD OF JUMPING TO THEM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    parmoni

In Edit Page mode, I created an “Impact Text + Button” and then pointed the button’s link destination to another element further down the page, using the following anchor tag: href=”#contact-us-now”. It works fine, but it’s not utilizing smooth scroll (it’s “jumping” to the page element instead of “smooth scrolling” down to that page element). I know you have this jQuery functionality built-in to the Dante theme (for example, your one-page nav bar scrolls to anchor instead of jumping to it)…

1. how do I turn on auto smooth scroll so that its *permanently* applied to ALL of my anchor links? (I want anchor links to behave the way the one-page nav bar does, where it auto-scrolls to the page element, not jumps to it).
    You can verify that it’s jumping instead of smooth scrolling at the following URL:
    http://mbaoffers.com/home-2/
    Answer:

parmoni

please note that I’m running version 2.56

ktheory

Hey Parmoni,
    You need to add the extra CSS class “smooth-scroll-link” to make them work in my experience.

**Attn Support team, there still seems to be a bug in 2.56. Some anchor tags are still not working correctly as far as I can tell. I’ve noticed an issue in Apple Safari on 10.9.2.

THX

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @parmoni,

I think I replied to your themeforest comment regarding this?

@ktheory
    – could you show me an example please? I’ll check it out!

Thanks,

– Ed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register