New Landing How can we help? General Feedback & Suggestions How to install demo content

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
    intreat

Hi it took me some time to make my local WP able to install the demo content from Dante. It was due to memory limit but the guide provided in the help doc did not do the trick for me.

This did:

Changing the post_max_size (that is default 2mb) in your php.ini. I changed it to 20mb.

Here is full guide:

Change your php.ini file if you have access to it. If your running a testing server on your own computer you can access it. If your hosting your site with someone like dreamhost you will not have access to it unless your using a dedicated server. Most are shared servers.

To access the php.ini file while using your server on your computer or dedicated server you first need to find which .ini your database is using, so create a .php file and write this in between the <body> tags:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

Save the file and make sure your server is running. Open the file you just saved in your browser. Now look for: “Configuration File (php.ini) Path”
    Get that location cause that’s the active php.ini file.

Goto that location and open that file. Note: .ini file are hidden files so you will need an editor that allows you to see hidden files… Dreamweaver and BBEdit are 2 examples.

Change these lines to the app. config you like:
    These are my settings…

memory_limit 20MB
    post_max_size 20MB
    upload_max_filesize 20MB
    max_execution_time 600

Save the php.ini file and upload it back to the same directory. Restart your server and that’s it.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thank you for the guide!

bellabody

I keep getting a “500 Internal Server Error” when trying to import the Dante demo. My hosting provider is iPage. Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Melanie – SUPPORT

Bellabody did you read the guide that was posted above? Did you do all that?

enensa

Greetings Swift Staff! Just purchased the Dante theme. A steam-engine train of enthusiasm encountered a stone wall when the rep at GoDaddy told me that the ‘Managed WordPress’ hosting plan does not allow access to the php.ini file. Please confirm or deny this.

I think it would be incredibly helpful if you all recommended 5-10 hosting providers that work perfectly with Dante. Can you please let me know what I should do. Here’s my site so far http://04f.3a5.myftpupload.com/ and I’m stuck unable to install the demo content.

Also, should I be working with this theme in a windows or a Linux hosting account?

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, everything else besides GoDaddy should be fine.

Feel free to check that out: https://www.google.com/search?q=reasons+why+godaddy+is+bad&oq=reasons+why+godaddy+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.5847j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8

Linux or Windows doesn’t matter.

All the best

enensa

1) OK. Still, where are the instructions for installing the demo content. I’ll be on the phone with ZippyKid or Hostgator within minutes. And back at it with the Dante theme, still unable to find where to load in the demo content. Thanks a million for getting back promptly on this.

2) I’m building 10-12 sites this month, would like to use Dante for about 4 of them. Once I buy once and download, do I buy again and re-download or can buy the second license and re-install the files that I already downloaded in order to save on storage space. (4 buys / 4 downloads OR 4 buys / 1 download?)

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi

1 wp-admin > Tools > Import > WordPress
    choose the xml file and upload it, assign an author and upload attachments

2 you can use the already downloaded theme, you just have to have the licenses ready.

Cheers!

enensa

So the visual composer for wordpress has to be purchased ($30) in order to use dante?

enensa

This install is far from straight-forward. Seems to be tens of steps missing from the documentation. Just installed another theme (1 week ago) called Nayma, it was 1-2-3. This theme has the appearance of being more in-depth, yet there are some perplexing things happening here.

*The install and subsequent xml file import have not fully populated all of dante’s content. Trying to get to the point where the live preview demo is replicated has been an 4-hour and running journey so far. I was expecting about an hour.

*Portfolio, Galleries, and Media are empty or displaying content from other themes in the account.

I’ve followed the instructions in the documentation to the T, but for some critical steps, the documented instructions just go blank.

enensa

(Updated Message, disregard above)
    This install is far from straight-forward. Seems to be tens of steps missing from the documentation. Just installed another theme (1 week ago) called Nayma, it was 1-2-3. This theme (Dante) has the appearance of being more in-depth, yet there are some perplexing things happening here.

*The install and subsequent xml file import have not fully populated all of dante’s content. Trying to get to the point where the live preview demo is replicated has been an 4-hour and running journey so far. I was expecting about an hour.

*Portfolio, Galleries, and Media are empty or displaying content from other themes in the account.

I’ve followed the instructions in the documentation to the T, but for some critical steps, the documented instructions just go blank.

enensa

Current Progress: http://04f.3a5.myftpupload.com/

Nayma theme by Day 2: http://056.770.myftpupload.com/

And I prefer Dante, if only I can get it to do as it should.

Please advise some options here. 1) Is there anything I can do to directly remedy the fact that Dante’s content has not populated said areas? 2) Should I / Are there instructions for deleting the Dante theme from the WP dashboard and re-installing (this time with a corrected step or two / wherever I may have missed something)?

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, after importing the demo content you need to assign a menu to your menu location in wp-admin > Appearance > Menus

You need to create a slider

You need to assign a homepage in wp-admin > Settings > Reading.

Demo content installation is straight forward as the method is the same for every theme, unless they have implemented a one click installation. Comparing one theme to another is a difficult case since different developers create different themes, just like some cars have 5 doors, some have 3, or some support mp3, some don’t 🙂

Not sure where the visual composer aspect comes in – what do you mean by that?

Cheers!

enensa

Thanks Melanie, but I’ve already reviewed that post prior to. Thats not my issue. My php.ini has a lower limit of 32mb. Got on a 30-minute call to find that out. And these instructions: “assign a menu to your menu location in wp-admin > Appearance > Menus

You need to create a slider

You need to assign a homepage in wp-admin > Settings > Reading.”

are generic. I’ve already tried that as well. Thats what was mentioned in the documentation. At this point I’m looking for some solutions that are outside of whats been provided.

*A forward move would be (in my assumption) a deletion and re-install. As I’m a WP newbie, I dont know how to delete the themes from WP. If you can help with that, that’d be appreciated and I start from the top…

Thanks for your time. I do value it. And hopefully there is some work-around that’ll finally get me up and running

enensa

I dont know Melanie. I’m starting to get a little worried about my purchase. Browsing through the other support topics, it appears that there have been bugs in nearly every single aspect of this theme. I cannot afford to encounter one glitch after the other b/c a theme was pushed to market too fast. I’m going to give this setup one more go, expecting that once I overcome the beginners fog with this theme, it’ll be smooth-sailing.

Fingers crossed. Truly hoping to be able to be Dante’s biggest fan. If I can get this theme to work once, I’ll be buying it over and over again for a number of clients immediately! The design / the demo appearance is bar-none. Can I get an equal performance from it????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register