New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Joyn how to edit Joyn demo content MENUS?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Posted in: Joyn
    rh2014

I’m using the demo content provided with JOYN. How do I edit the HEADER Menus pls? Pls advise steps to customize. Thx!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Go to Appearance > Menus

– Kyle

rh2014

I need a little more detailed response please. I had already messed around with Appearance > Menus, etc. But I don’t see where current Menu settings are that I could edit? I laso don’t don’t understand how the 5 different menus described work.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

In Appearance-> Menus you will build the Menu structure.
    For the Header options, you will have to go to Theme Options-> Header Options

You will have there 6 different Headers to choose from.

Don’t take us wrong but we also need a more details in the request. Choose your favorite header and let us know any doubt and we will help you.

-Rui

rh2014

Thanks Rui… Fyi, there may have been a bug in your Menu option- as it initially did not show the ‘menu structure’ of the demo content. I tried to create a new menu, and deleted it. Then the demo content menu structure mysteriously appeared and I was able to edit it – which is what I needed. I’ve got the Header part covered. It’s cool stuff! (btw- where do I edit the contact icon that added in the Header Right Config?)

Could you help me understand the differences between different Menu options. i.e., Main Menu, Overlay Menu, Mobile Menu, Top Bar Menu, and Footer Menu. I can guess what they are, but it’s not clear to me as the Menu Structures for those are not visible to me. Pls advise how may I see the menu structures for each of those Menus, and be able to customize/edit them. Thank you!

LOVE the JOYN Theme btw!!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

No problem

– Main Menu is the menu in your header
    – Mobile Menu is the menu that appears on your mobile when you click the mobile icon (people usually use the same menu as the main menu)
    – Topbar menu is the menu used when in Theme Options > Header Options you turn topbar on, and for either the left/right config you set the topbar menu
    – Overlay menu is the menu used if you are using the overlay menu in your header options, an example is here: http://cardinal.swiftideas.com/musician-demo/ I know that is cardinal but it’s the same or Joyn

– Kyle

rh2014

Thanks Kyle – where do I find shortcodes that I can edit? There’s a mail/contact icon I’d like to edit.

Kyle – SUPPORT

You mean the icon in the header for the contact dropdown? To edit that you would have to edit sf-header.php

– Kyle

rh2014

When you go into Theme options > Header options > Header left config to drag and drop item ‘Contact’ to enabled status. This causes a small icon shaped as an envelope on the header on web site. When you click on it, it’s showing a map currently (from demo content.) I would like to edit it to allow for sending an email. Pls let me know how to edit it.

Kyle – SUPPORT

It uses a page, which is set in the header options. Then you will go and edit that page and add a contact form

– Kyle

rh2014

Found it – thanks Kyle! Separately,

TOP BAR ISSUES:

Top bar is displaying only on certain pages even though it’s enabled. Any place I could configure? Only place I found to configure it is in Header options.

Top bar is displayed on top of Contact form, for instance. On the right hand side of top bar, there is menu for Login, Subscribe and language… BUt I’m unable to locate the menu structure that would allow me to edit. Pls advise.

Kyle – SUPPORT

If you have topbar enabled it should appear on all pages, please can you provide a link so I can check?

– Kyle

rh2014

pls let me know your email id and I can send it to you privately as I’m not ready to share the web site here.

Kyle – SUPPORT

You can send a private message here, just check the box to set your reply as private

– Kyle

rh2014
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register