New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint How to create slide one by one simiar as the demo…?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    awdlewis

I am not ablt to create slides similar to the demo site….i have added slides but it is showing like other simple slider…

Thanks,

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

If you are referring to the main demo homepage, that one is using Revolution Slider. You need to install the plugin (comes with the theme, you should see a notice) and setup your slides with it.

For using Revolution Slider, please check the Documentation folder from your download, there’s a help file for it in there.

Ed, any chance Pinpoint gets an XML demo file for Revolution Slider?

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I’ve attached the txt import for the revolution slider, but it doesn’t include images:

– Ed

brandoutloud

Where and how do you import the slider txt file? The documentation provided does not explain this process.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

It should be within the revolution slider documentation. What you need to do is create a slider, and then you will see the export/import link below the place where you set the slider sizes etc.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

ggraves

Hello all. I had this same problem and I almost have it solved.

To import the slider data into the Revolution slider, you need to first “create” a new slider with Revolution. To do this you only need to enter a slider Title and Alias which can both be the same if you wish. In the case of the demo slide, I used homesliderthin for both. When you do the create, you will find at the bottom of the create screen an import/export button which works as normal. It is undocumented by the Revolution Slider folks and by Swiftpsd and it doesn’t appear until AFTER you have created a Slider name in your screen, so it’s tough to guess it’s there – but it is. Then just import the file homesliderthin.txt from the demo content.

I still cannot get the text on the complicated slider to be in the right font, color, size, etc. but it does show so I’m pretty close.

Note that this only creates one of about six or seven sliders. There is no help for the others, so we are left on our own there.

Good luck.

George

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi George,

For the text, if you’re using headings, it should be using the fonts that you set in the theme options for h1, h2, etc

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

brandoutloud

George, thank you for that it worked, although I don’t have any content within the slides as my import of the demo content keeps failing which is annoying. This theme looks like a good one but the documentation and videos need to be improved, you can’t even see the video examples the quality is so poor, why not upload the video in HD?

I appreciate your response, AK

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi George,

Apologies that the video isn’t in HD. It was the first one we did, so learnt the mistakes from that.

The demo content import can often be frustrating, and usually it’s the host that kills it due to taking up too much resource. The best thing you can do is try and increase the php memory limits – http://cl.ly/Mjr1

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register