New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint How to add new shortcodes?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    marcopanichi

In particular, I need shortcodes for:

– headings

– styled unordered list

– more styled colored options

Thank you in advance for any suggestion ๐Ÿ™‚

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

Unfortunately we can’t help with customizations or WordPress tutorials, but a quick search will return plenty of resources on the web.

Regards,

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

marcopanichi

Yes, I found some plugins (shortcode ultimate, simple shortcode, etc…), but I don’t know if it’s right to install them togheter with the template.

Maybe the text will be parsed twice with a consequence decrease of performance.ย Maybe better to add more functions in your shortcodes.php sccripts. Or is there another way to do that?

I need just a “strategic” help.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Most shortcode plugins we’ve heard customers try to use, were not compatible with our page builder. I would suggest creating your own custom shortcodes.

Regards,

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

marcopanichi

Ok.

Should I edit your shortcodes.php script or is there another way?

PS: I don’t understand if my questions are off topic or not – please let me know in simple words if yes.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Our shortcodes are tied to multiple files, including the one you mentioned.

My suggestion is to make them separate, inside functions.php or, perhaps and better, create your own small plugin, so that theme updates will not remove your changes.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

marcopanichi

Thank you very much, it was the answer I needed! ๐Ÿ™‚

Cosmin – SUPPORT

You’re welcome, Marco ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register