New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Home Page Eight – Naked – trouble getting set up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    tracytracy

On the dekstop (Mac, testing in Firefox, Chrome and IE) and on the iPad the logo is the header does not show up, and the navigation menu text is on the left side of the page (when the header selection tells it to be on the right.)

BUT… on mobile devices my logo shows up TWICE in the header, overlapping.

I’ve read through the forums, I read the knowledgebase, I copied the CSS from the article into the Custom CSS (modifying it to reflect my page ID and path to logo)

and I’ve been changing all the heading settings (trying the various different header choices) to see if that makes a difference… and I’ve even removed the section of Custom CSS that refers to the logo (and then put it back because it didn’t help) but I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

I’m even using the Demo HomePage 8 as my main page for this just in case there is a particular setting in the page in order to get it to work with the Custom CSS. No dice ๐Ÿ™

If you look at the subpages I have the menu and header set up there fine, and the only difference between those pages and the Home page is the addition of the navigation button in the “Welcome” text. Which I need.

Does the Naked Home Page Layout require you to use a specific header?

Besides adding the Custom CSS are their special settings that need to be set on the page itself?

(And when there is a topic already in the forum that is somewhat similar to a question I have would you prefer that I chime in on that discussion or create a new post?)

Using a child theme, updated the Dante parent theme just now but it didn’t effect this.

Thanks,

tracytracy
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please refer this article http://support.swiftideas.net/knowledgebase/replicating-the-demo-naked-header-example/ .Hopefully it should work .
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

tracytracy

!!

If you read my post you will see that I read that article and I used the code from it and STILL can not get it to work.

“Iโ€™ve read through the forums, I read the knowledgebase, I copied the CSS from the article into the Custom CSS (modifying it to reflect my page ID and path to logo)”

So I already did that, and am still having problems.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi tracy – thanks for letting us know, the issue is because of the header you are using. I’ve updated the knowledgebase code to reflect that. The code you need to add is:

.page-id-15.header-overlay .header-wrap {
    left: 50%;
    }

Thanks, hope that helps.

– Ed

tracytracy

Thanks, I ~think~ that worked, I can’t test it on all platforms at the moment to be sure.

I’m still in the building/designing stage and it is very possible that I will have to change the headers at some point:

Question: Are there specific headers I should ONLY use with this naked layout? Will that additional “fix” still work if I change the header style?

Thanks

tracytracy

Nope!

The logo does show up – and only once – on the iphone, but no change to the Desktop nor the iPad layout.

so again I ask: in order for the Homepage8 layout to work must I use a particular header? because this is taking a real long time to configure

thanks

tracytracy

Hi – two days now without a reply =- still waiting, seeing more people posting to the forum about trying to set up this version and also having problems – please assist!

Logo still not showing up in the desktop version of the Naked 8 header. I sent you log in information so you can check the set-up and CSS. Please respond.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    The developer of theme will assist you very soon .
    Thanks

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@tracytracy – looks like you didn’t add the code I suggested to you??

.page-id-11894.header-overlay .header-wrap {
    left: 50%;
    }
    @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
    .page-id-11894.header-overlay .header-wrap {
    left: 0;
    }
    }

Please add that code.

– Ed

tracytracy

This is so weird because it’s still not working.

The logo shows up (and in the proper place) on the iPad and mobile,

and the sub page headers look fine in Chrome and Safari.

but still on all desktop browsers there is NO logo on the homepage, and the menu is on the left side of the header where the logo should be,

and in Firefox Mac the subpages header is so high on the page that the top of the logo is cut off the page.

??

tracytracy
    This reply has been marked as private.
    tracytracy

Started all over: copied all the CSS from the knowledgebase into the Custom CSS and tried again. Success! There must have been something in there – an extra . or space or missing ‘ that was just enough to screw it up.

Logo is there! huzzah!

But there is still the issue with the subpage headers – the logo is getting cut off at the top,

and the logo placement on the Home page is not the same position as the rest of the pages. The logo needs to stay in the same place across ~all~ pages. And that needs to be completely on the page, not cut off ๐Ÿ™‚

specific header I should be using…????

tracytracy

I’ll mark this as “resolved” seeing as how the main problem of getting the logo on the homepage has been fixed, will open another topic on getting the header on the subpage to align with the header on the main home page.

thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I’m glad that this issue resolved .
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register