New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Hide menu voices in a specific page

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Alessandro

If you check the old messages in this thread, you will find that I tried the full url solution previously — it solves the problem but generates another issue: the scroll effect is missing.
    Please provide another solution, the situation is getting annoying.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@Alessandro – as I said, that is browser functionality that is impossible to override, it’s not something that is a limitation of the theme.

It’s not possible to smooth scroll on page load from another page, only on the same page.

– Ed

Alessandro

So why it worked for a while?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I can’t see a solution in which it would have worked with scrolling when the page is linked to from another page. If you can work out how you managed to get it to work then I can look at it, but I can’t see that possibility.

I hope you know that if there was a way to override what the browser does with # links on page load then we would. We’re working on providing the option to override menus for a certain page, however this still won’t allow you to link to the home page and scroll on load. If you have an example of this working somewhere I’d be more than happy to look at it.

– Ed

Alessandro

Ed,
    on MAY 13, 2014 AT 12:22 PM (page 1 of this thread) you suggested to use /#section to define links, and it worked: menu was working even on my full-portfolio pages AND the scrolling effect was there. Now it doesn’t work anymore and still no one told me WHY.
    Can you please provide any explanation?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Replace your /dante/js/functions.js file with the file attached. That will revert it so that the links go to the homepage and to the section clicked on.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

We updated the theme, and included the code which we provided to you – and you advised was correct for your situation. On further testing it was found that this method did not add any viable functionality, so it has now been removed.

The file attached in the previous post reverts that code change, so it will now work for you.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Alessandro

Solved the problem, but now the scrolling effect is missing.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

The scrolling effect can’t have ever worked with that method – as I said, unfortunately the browser jumps to the location before we can do anything to make it scroll, this is standard browser functionality.

– Ed

Alessandro

FYI
    I solved this problem by installing the Easy Smooth Scroll Links plugin:
    http://www.jeriffcheng.com/wordpress-plugins/easy-smooth-scroll-links
    It solved an issue with the section offset too.
    Best regards.
    A.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok great!

– Kyle

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register