New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Hide menu voices in a specific page

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Alessandro

I tried some caching plugin (W3 Total Cache, Warm Cache, WP widget cache) but nothing changed.

In order to have a benchmark, I tested the speed and size of another page (a graphic design studio, with a site rich in images): for what I know, this site is developed in WordPress as well.
    http://goo.gl/U7IViB
    This page is 13,9 MB (while mine is 9 MB), but the site is fast and fluid! — please test by yourself
    http://goo.gl/q9qwo2

Please help me to fix it.
    A.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Site speed mostly depends on server resources . You may ask to your hosting provider to increase website speed.

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Alessandro

Ok, thank you: I will check with my hosting provider.

Please let me go back on the link issue again:
    the proposed solution, namely to add /#section instead of just #section, fixes the original issue but adds two new problems.
    1) by clicking on a menu item, the transition to that section is immediate, and scroll effect is missing.
    2) the upper part of every section remain hidden if you get there by clicking on menu items instead of scrolling (I hope I made it clear, anyway please check by yourself and see attached screenshot)

Please help me to fix it.
    Thank you in advance.
    AT

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

1) If you’re loading it from another page, it’s not possible to load page and then scroll. This is browser functionality, not something we can override.

2) Did this happen before adding the / in front?

– Ed

Alessandro

1) Of course from another page the scroll is not possible. But the same happens when in the same (home) page. EG: if you’re in home and click on portfolio, you won’t see the scroll to there. This did’t happen before adding the /

2) no it did’t

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Ok, this should hopefully fix both issues. Edit /js/functions.js, and add the following below line 890:

var linkHref = jQuery(this).attr('href');

becomes:

var linkHref = jQuery(this).attr('href');

if (linkHref.indexOf('/') === 0) {
    	linkHref = linkHref.substring(1, linkHref.length);
    }

Give that a try and let me know.

– Ed

Alessandro

I checked through my FTP client: there’s no functions.js (see attachments)

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

/wp-content/themes/dante/js/functions.js

– Ed

Alessandro

Thank you.
    It works.
    Only when coming from another page the problem 2) remains and the upper part of the section is hidden.

Alessandro

Will I have to modify the functions.js file everytime that Dante will be updated?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@Alessandro – no, we have updated this for the next update.

Unfortunately not much we can do about that, you’d need to set the blank spacer to be of a taller height to push down the content.

– Ed

Alessandro

I’m sad to say that I’m having this issue again: when on a secondary pages, e.g. portfolio, I cannot browse to any section but Home.
    Links are set to /#section and not only #section, nonetheless the problem is here again.
    Any fix?
    AT

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@Alessandro – what has changed since it was working?

We’ve written up the functionality to use a different menu when on the homepage, which will allow for you to set a # only menu on your one page setups, whilst using a standard menu throughout the rest of the site. Hoping to get this in the next update.

– Ed

Alessandro
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

These need to be FULL URLs, not just /# – https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rd1mtp98qex6zo/Screenshot%202014-06-11%2003.05.04.png

Apologies, the solution I provided previously won’t work for this solution – it will have to be the full URL to work.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register