New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Hide comments globally

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    stexeira

Hi, I don’t see this elsewhere, so I’ll ask. Is there a way in Dante to hide the option for comments on all posts/pages? If not, individually? Thanks.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Sure, just go to Settings > Discussion: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jasqbj8gxq98ji/Screenshot%202013-11-25%2009.40.40.png

– Ed

stexeira

Thanks, Ed. I actually tried that and yet I still get the comments on all my pages. http://www.glsresearch2.com/

Am I, perhaps, missing something obvious?

stexeira

My apologies. I figured out what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the help and I LOVE the theme.

ukieblack

how did you turn off the comments, i have tried a few time to get rid of them and cant figure it out.

stexeira

ukieblack, I had difficulty with turning off the comments option because I was using pre-built pages. I simply stopped using those and created my own and the problem went away. That is as long as I had turned it off in settings>discussion.
    stephen

Xeryus

Thanks, comments ignoring usual methods to turn them of was most annoying.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

You can turn them off globally, but you would also need to turn them off on pages already enabled on – that’s just the way WordPress works. Unfortunately we had to enable comments on pages due to ThemeForest’s new requirements.

A quick way to enable in bulk is to select all pages and then bulk > quick edit > uncheck the comments box.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register