New Landing How can we help? Atelier HHVM problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    matthic

Hi,

I host my website on a cloud server at SiteGround and I tried to enable the HHVM by turning it on from cPanel and adding a line of code to my .htaccess
    When I do that HHVM turns on but I have a lot of bugs in the display and the home page design in completely broken (see attached).

I disabled it for now since the site is live (so you can’t see it right now).
    I just want to know if you are aware of what configuration I should do to the theme or ask my host to do on the server to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your help!
    Matt

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Nothing specific with the theme would cause that. Something is wrong in the server settings.
    A wrong line of code in the htaccess can mess an entire site if is not accurate.

-Rui

matthic

Hi Rui,

Ok thanks I’ll let the tech team at SiteGround know that the theme is compatible and it should work.
    I’ll let you know here if they fix it so other people can benefit from the solution.

Thanks!
    Matt

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

ok let us know. Just found this article.
    http://code.tutsplus.com/articles/using-hhvm-with-wordpress–cms-21596

-Rui

matthic

Hi Rui,

I spoke all day with SiteGround and performed a lot a tests they concluded that their HHVM installation is not compatible with the theme and Woocommerce, at least for now.
    They have a custom installation I guess and you just have a ON/OFF in cPanel switch to activate HHVM on you server so I don’t really have much information, except that for now it doesn’t work!

If others want to try, backup everything first. It caused the site to go offline 3 times and we had to perform a full site + database restore.

Thank you for the support!
    Matt

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. it seems that is not yet an easy process.
    -Rui

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register