New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Guest Checkout Not Working

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Nathan,

Can you try the completely fresh v1.3 as a test?

I’m guessing you’ve tested on our demo? Are you able to checkout as a guest with no issue?

– Ed

n8-b

Hi Ed,

After a lot of digging around, I believe I finally found what was causing this. In the last update of the Groups for WooCommerce plugin, a ‘Force registration on checkout’ option was added to the settings and was activated by default. Guest checkout now works with that option deactivated. So, consider my problem resolved. I still have to see whether this option in the plugin affects they way subscription-based purchases are handled, but that’s a question for the plugin author.

By the way, I’m unable to get to the checkout on the Themeforest demo. I can add some items to the shopping bag, but every time I try to go to checkout, the shopping bag is emptied and I’m redirected to the Shop page.

The other thing I’ve noticed is that the ‘Checkout as guest’ option is always visible on the My Account page when going through the checkout, even when the ‘Enable guest checkout’ is not activated in the WooCommerce settings. This could be confusing for customers, especially on sites that do not allow guest checkouts.

Thanks for the help.

Nathan

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thanks, glad you found it out!
    If you’re having other issues, can you open a new thread for them please? Thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Nathan,

Will get the guest checkout option removed when it’s not enabled, for the next update.

Thanks,

– Ed

n8-b

That’s great, Ed. Thanks for that.

-Nathan

Melanie – SUPPORT

Great! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register