New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Functions.php causing "white screen" in WP admin panel

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    liliripe

Hi,

I installed Neighborhood last night and quickly found that the theme “clashes” with any plugins I try to install to the site. I narrowed the issue down to the functions.php file that came with the Neighborhood theme. I haven’t edited the functions file at all, and I’ve made sure that there was no extra white space that could be causing the white admin screen to appear.

Any idea what the problem may be?

Thank you!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi,

can you by any chance contact the plugin developers about this problem?
    There is a massive amount of plugins out there on the market. Each and every one is created by a different developer who uses their own techniques and code.
    Because of this, we cannot guarantee that everyone of them will work with our theme. When an issue arises, we will certainly try to do what we can to fix it though. The best thing to do first is to report the issue to the plugin developer because they know their own code better than we do. Let us know what the plugin developer reports back and we will see what can be done!

Thanks and all the best!

liliripe

Hi Melanie,

Thanks for the reply. My problem is that every plugin I’ve installed to my site won’t work in conjunction with the Neighborhood theme. If it was one specific plugin that was the culprit, I would certainly contact that plugin’s developer. As the problem stands, I’m at a loss!

The strange thing is that all of the plugins that came with the theme itself, such as the image slider, won’t work. Every plugin clashes with the functions.php file in the Neighborhood theme.

Thanks,

Lauren

liliripe

Just something I noted:

I have a few other themes installed to my server that have their own functions.php files, and they’ve been working fine with my plugins. As soon as I switch out their functions.php file with the Neighborhood functions.php, the whole WP admin panel goes to a white screen. Very strange!

liliripe

The only plugin I really NEED this theme to work with is WooCommerce, and right now, the WooCommerce Settings page is blank, as well as many other ones. This issue only exists when I have the Neighborhood theme activated. I rely on this website for my income, and I really can’t have it offline much longer. I’ve spent so many hours looking into this.

Is there anywhere else I can go with these questions? Should I hire someone to fix this for me? I’ve tried this theme on three different WordPress sites/databases, and it gives me the same exact problems every time.

If worst comes to worst, will I be able to get a refund of any kind on this theme?

Thanks.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi!

We need to check the backend of your website, could you let me know your login details please?

Thanks and cheers!

liliripe

I was able to fix the issue myself, after a lot of fiddling around.

To anyone else having this problem, try adding the following line of code to your wp-config.php WordPress file:

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64M’);

Melanie – SUPPORT

Great 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register