Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Posted in: Nota
    kontempt

Hi, I have the following issues, any help is much appreciated

FONT:
    when the website loads, the fonts preload as a standard font then change to the googlefont chosen, how do we avoid this preload as my client feels it looks cheap and nasty and would prefer the font chosen to be displayed at all times.

HEADER: i am using “header 3” but want the logo to be stick with the main nav on scroll down, how do i achieve this?

David Martin – Support

Hi,

1) Initially I do not even see the standard font load, I see the Google font. Are you using any form of caching plugin yet, with browser cache enabled?

2) Enable the sticky header here: Theme Options => Header Options => Sticky Header

kontempt

Thank you, disabling one or both of the cache plug-ins has appeared to have fixed the font issue.

However i have checked the Theme Options => Header Options => Sticky Header and it is indeed switched on, meaning that the sticky banner is working but all that is actually following the user down the page is the MAIN NAV, my client requires that the LOGO from the top bar above or perhaps the entire top bar if neccassary, comes along with the main nav, i see some of your header styles, allow this but not header style 3, unfortunately i need header style 3 as its the only one that works for my clients requirements and design brief.

thanks once again in advance

David Martin – Support

Unfortunately there is not simple change to do that. You would need to modify the JS and template files to get this to work, something like this would require a developer to assist you with if you are not versed in jQuery/CSS.

I can help you locate files but for me to implement this change would be outside of the scope of support due to the time it would take.

Thanks.

kontempt

ok, im trying to use a plug in here and it says

Simple sticky (fixed on top) menu implementation for default Twentythirteen navigation menu. For other themes, after install go to Settings / myStickymenu and change Sticky Class to .your_navbar_class or #your_navbar_id.

what would be mine in this case?

thanks

kontempt

i tried .header-3 and it worked, happy days, good information for future customers!

Unfortunately the font issue persists, it appears to mostly work on chrome and IE, but firebox it continues and takes a good 5 seconds to change, can u test a few browsers and advise please?

David Martin – Support

wow, great plugin there also – often it’s rare that it simply *just works*!

Thanks for passing this back for others also.

Cheers,
    David

kontempt

Unfortunately the font issue persists, it appears to mostly work on chrome and IE, but firebox it continues and takes a good 5 seconds to change, can u test a few browsers and advise please?

David Martin – Support

Hi,

I do not see this on Firefox, I am using Mac. What OS version are you using?

kontempt

I am using a mixture of windows and Mac os, as is the client and several other testers, all reporting seeing it on different browsers.

It is showing the backup font of impact, rather than the chosen font of roboto and is a real eye sore.

any other ideas?

kontempt

i believe the issue was

Dynamic Styles

Dynamic Styles Output
    Select the output method for the theme’s dynamic styles, File System is the best, but may not be supported by your hosting. <head> output will be defaulted to if any issues occur.

FILM SYSTEM caused this issue for me, AJAX/head doesnt

will this slow down the site load / page transition time?

David Martin – Support

Hi,

I see, no if anything the head output in your case maybe quicker.

Thanks.

chemicaldesign

HI Guys,

I found this to be an issue too. Thank you for the posts. Fingers crossed this works for me too.

================

Sorry, just tried this option but still getting a serif font flick up first before Roboto. I have done an inspect on the text elements to see if there is an reference to a serif font but there isn’t. I hope to have a test site up this morning. I’ll send a link so that you can see for yourself. This is an intermittent issues – doesn’t always happen – usually when loading a page for the first time.

David Martin – Support

@chemicaldesign – Please add a WP login for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Ok. Let us know.

-Rui

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register