New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Filtering Blog Posts

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    gab213

hello i was wondering how i can filter Posts more like a portfolio like example below:
    http://dante.swiftideas.net/portfolio-one-column-standard-style/portfolio-masonry-gallery/

without it going to another page like this in this Blog Example
    http://dante.swiftideas.net/blog-timeline-full-width/blog-masonry-with-aux/

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

That’s not currently possible due to the way the filtering works, however we have plans to hopefully improve this in the future.

– Ed

alikapadia

Just wanted to add my vote here to having the ability to filter masonry blog posts like how the portfolio items are filtered.

The current blog aux options are too bulky and list every single category. The theme needs something simpler where we can tag posts in to categories and let the user filter through them quickly, based on only the categories we list in the menu.

You mentioned that you have plans to improve on this feature. Can you please elaborate and let us know if you’ll be providing a better way to filter blog posts?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Thanks for your suggestion . We have plan to improve in future.

With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@alikapadia – no plans as of yet. I guess the issue is that filtering won’t load in the other posts from pagination, so it would be more of an issue with posts.

– Ed

alikapadia

Thanks Ed,

Actually, I tried doing this on my own using Tabs in the Swift Builder, where each tab has the masonry blog post list with posts from pre-selected categories showing. At first, everything seemed to work fine, but it seems like my 3rd tab now has an odd way of presenting the masonry posts.

Here is the way to reproduce:

1. Go to http://www.alikapadiafilms.com
    2. Click on My Posts
    3. Scroll down to see the irregular arrangement

Here you will see that the masonry blog posts are arranged in an odd manner leaving too much blank space. I earlier also tried adding more blog posts to show in there and it seemed like those showed after the blank area in the middle. It was a very odd arrangement.

alikapadia
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Your link isn’t working for me

– Kyle

alikapadia

Kyle, it’s working perfectly fine here. What do you see when you go there?

Can you copy paste the URL you are trying to go to?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok I see the issue, please update to the latest version of Dante and let me know if this fixes the issue. If not I will forward this to the developer to look into.

Thanks
    Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @alikapadia,

As of the moment, only one blog asset is supported per page, due to the way the masonry script works. We are looking into ways to extend this, but there aren’t a solution as of yet. The items show, but the masonry layout will only function on the first shown asset.

– Ed

alikapadia

Ed,

Thanks for the clarification. Is there a way or an update you are working on where I can let the user easily filter through the blog post categories of my choosing (something that’s like the tab system I’ve placed in my site that you saw, Or, something like the portfolio filter that you have). The current aux options provided for blog posts appear too bloated, with every single category being shown (that also hidden under the Categories option) and too many extra options with no controls for the admin.

I hope you can see the need for such a simplified way to filter blog posts here.

– Ali

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

We are working on improving the functionality of filtering blog posts. Thanks for your pateince

– Kyle

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register