New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Few Dante Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    maximearmstrong
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Fixed the first issue.

Doesn’t look like you’ve set a resized height and width for your logo

– Kyle

maximearmstrong

Thanks for this!

No, i didn’t. I’d like it to stay the same size. If I change it, it becomes to small and harder to read.
    Also, I did resized it once, but didn’t change anything regarding the alignement we are talking about.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please list remaining issue here so i can assist you easily .
    Thanks

maximearmstrong

Hi,

1- When my header is resizing, the logo and menu aren’t center aligned anymore. I don’t want to change my logo size from the original one because it becomes too small if so. How can I make it and the menu center aligned?

2- Some of the strings on the website, such as subscribe in the header and some more in the blog aren’t translating even if I did change the POedit files, in which the specific lines where there (I verified two or three times after noticing the translation wasn’t done for those strings).

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    1- I look that its displaying perfect . Have you resolved it ?

2- Can you please list all untranslated strings . So we can fix in next upgrade .

Thanks

maximearmstrong

1- The issue happens when the header is resizing only.

2- The dates of every post and the “by…on…date” on the blog main page. Also “posted by…on…date…in” + “Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *” on every blog pages. Finally, there is the “Uncatogorized” category for the blog, though I don’t know if this is a string. I tried to change it within the admin panel, though I didn’t find how. Do you know how could I do this?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    1- Please attach marked screenshot so i can give to you exact solution .

2- How are you translating theme ? Please follow given below steps to translate theme .
    I recommend downloading PO Edit, from http://www.poedit.net/. Once you have installed please follow the steps below:

Open the /dante/languages/ folder and duplicate the en_US.po file, then rename it to your desired language code. For example; for German you need to re-name it as de_DE.po for Spanish es_ES.po for Turkish tr_TR.po etc. You can find all the codes from this link http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language

Then you will need to open the .po file in PO Edit. Once opened, you will see all strings that needs to be translated. Type the translation of a string into the “Translation” column. Do not delete or edit “Original string” part.

When you finish translating, save the file. This will create an .mo file in the same directory.
    Upload the new files into the languages folder of the theme /wp-content/themes/dante/languages/ and then follow this guide: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language#Single-Site_Installations

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

maximearmstrong

Hi,

1- I attached the picture.

2- These are the exact steps I did since the beginning, but the issue is still happening.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @maximearmstrong,

1) I’ve set the nav top spacing to be 16px – looks good now?

2) Definitely not a theme issue here – those strings are definitely translatable. Is it just a few strings you’re having issues with, or all of them?

– Ed

maximearmstrong

Hi,

1- Actually, no. The issue here is that 6 px for the nav top spacing is perfect when it comes to the header before it resized. So I put it back at 6px.

What I would like to do is to adjust the nav top spacing for both the logo and the menu only on the resized sticky header. Is this possible?

2- It is only few strings, which are in the POedit file that I translated. I can assure you I did translated them before placing the file in the theme languages.

Is there any new language files? I can try to retranslate these if there’s is no other option.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@maximearmstrong

1) Apologies for that. Just added some custom css that changes it only for the sticky header.

2) If you download the theme from ThemeForest – that has the very latest version of the translation files.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

maximearmstrong

Hi Ed,

1- Looks perfect! Do you think it would be possible to do the same thing for the logo for the sticky header in order to get it center aligned?

2- Ok, I’ll give it another try. I’ll let you know what happens!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Try:

.header-7 .is-sticky #logo {
    margin-top: 4px;
    }

– Ed

maximearmstrong

Hi Ed!

It worked fine with a 6px margin! Thanks for this

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register