New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Fatal Error with latest Woocommerce. DO NOT UPDATE woocommerce.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    bobrouge

The latest version of woocommerce 2.1.0 produces fatal errors in your theme.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WC_Shipping::get_available_shipping_methods() in ....\themes\neighborhood\woocommerce\checkout\review-order.php on line 14

Fatal error: Call to a member function is_visible() on a non-object in \themes\neighborhood\woocommerce\content-product.php on line 25

Furthermore several shortcode are output directly on the screen instead of being parsed and the layout for the product pages is broken when using the latest WPML.

Small things breaking is ok, but Fatal errors making a site completely broken is not acceptable. I expect this to be removed as soon as possible.

SubEditions

Same here! Site broke down!

cdsouza

FYI โ€“ for anyone that made the mistake of updating the plugin, you can delete the updated plugin and upload version 2.0 by downloading it here:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/developers/

That fixed all my issues. Hope it helps others.

creatorofstuff

Oh my gosh, my site is completely messed up!!! I tried to do what you said, cdsouza, but it crashed. How do to you install the old version of Woocommerce? I got a message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wc() (previously declared in /home2/…/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/woocommerce.php:884) in /home2/amychin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce.php_/woocommerce.php on line 885

I’m panicking because I had to put a coming soon plugin on quickly to hide the gigantic mess.

Help please!!!!!

bobrouge

You need to follow these steps.

1. go into your plugins section and disable woocommerce
    2. go into your plugins folder by ftp and rename woocommerc to something else like “woocommerce-new-broken”
    3. Download the older woocommerce from http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/developers/ , you want version 2.0.20 under section other versions.
    4. upload it to your plugins folder and activate it in the admin and do not update it
    5. Do not buy any more themes from swiftideas because it not acceptable to not be up to date with major version changes and altogether poor quality of code( if you bothered to look you would see).

creatorofstuff

@bobrouge – Thank you so much! I finally have things looking more normal again. However, I lost the custom work I did on the shop page. Is that because I allowed woocommerce to “install shop pages”? I did a backup of my site before this disaster, fortunately, and that is ultimately how I was able to restore things – by manually moving the old woocommerce folder by ftp. (Duh – I should have done that before wasting your time. Sorry.)

How can I get my work on my shop page back without re-inventing the wheel? Do you know where that is, as in what file is it? I have everything backed up but obviously it would take a long time to ftp the whole site…

This whole thing is super frustrating. Makes me afraid to do updates.

creatorofstuff

@bobrouge – sorry to be a pain, but I also lost all of my Woocommerce settings, including the millions of California tax rates. I really don’t want to redo all of that. Where on Earth are those settings??? I’ve replaced every directory that seems logical.

Ugh!!!

@swiftideas
    – where are you? Sorry – I’ll stop posting. I know this sends it to the end of the line. But this is bad.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

WooCommerce v2.1 compatibility is coming in the next update, later tonight ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks,

– Ed

bobrouge

Please Don’t add a smiley face when you update your theme after everything breaks. It’s your job to keep it compatible since it’s a store based theme.

Please follow the dev version of woocommerce and their release schedule like a professional.

saturnerond

Thank you Ed. I’m having a coffee to your health. Great hard work and commitment. And patience ๐Ÿ™‚

dejavu

When is the update going to be available? I just updated and my checkout pages are messed up!

Kavasake

For those of you who made update of everything and have a messed up theme..and don’t use woocommerce – just disable it and you are fine. Any others, follow all instructions of bobrouge and you will be OK. However any new update – be careful.

dejavu

I switched back to woocommerce 2.0.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hey, the latest theme version has gone live on the 10th of Feb, everything should work again ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register