New Landing How can we help? Atelier fatal error TGM plugin activation problems

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    marketfire

I am using paid membership pro plugin with the Atelier theme. Additioanlly, I have been attempting to activate the “Paid Memberships Pro – bbPress Add On” plugin but when I have Atelier activated, I get the following fatal error seen here:

Fatal error: Call to protected TGM_Plugin_Activation::__construct() from invalid context in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pmpro-bbpress/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 953

If I disable the Atelier theme, I can activate the plugin but if I reactivate Atelier I then get the following errors:

Warning: get_class() called without object from outside a class in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/themes/atelier/includes/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 2954

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, first array member is not a valid class name or object in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/themes/atelier/includes/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 2954

Upon researching your support forum, I have seen a number of other posts regarding issues with TGM plugin activation within your themes. I simply searched “TGM” and a number of related support tickets came up.

Additionally, some additional research on the TGMPA Github page has lead to the developer notifying someone with the exact same problem that this is a theme issue.

https://github.com/TGMPA/TGM-Plugin-Activation/issues/391

Since I know you will want access to the site, I have included the url and login credentials. Please ensure you visit the full url, not just the domain, as it will provide you access to bypass the splash page.

It appears you may not be calling TGMPA properly in the theme, and is also (based on many other support tickets here) not exclusive to Atelier.

I would appreciate you looking in to this and making updates to properly use TGMPA so other plugins may be utilized as well. The plugin I am attempting to activate is a requirement for my clients site and considering the amount of time I’ve spent developing it with the Atelier theme, I consider this a crucial issue I need resolved.

Please let me know if you have any questions or anything you need from me to assist resolving this issue.

Thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @marketfire

Absolutely nothing wrong with how we include the TGM class within our themes – it’s exactly as they recommend in their docs.

The issues that have been occurring recently have all been issues with that class – nothing to do with how the theme uses the class, or conflicting with it. TGM has had a very large number of updates, sometimes hourly over the past few weeks after the issue with security. We have kept up to date with each Atelier update on these. All the issues on our support forum are because of the issues with the class.

It looks like that plugin you are trying to use also has TGM class included, but potentially that may be the cause of the issue if it’s not included correctly there?

– Ed

marketfire

Ed,

Thanks for the prompt response. I definitely don’t know much about TGM and only gathered bits and pieces as I researched the problem so I was also making some assumptions here, which is a bit shortsighted on my part.

I guess I am a bit confused on where to look for a resolution when the plugin developer says it’s a theme issue and the theme developer says it’s a plugin issue.

At the end of the day I just need the theme and plugin to work together, so I’ll continue my research and see what I can come up with. If you have any suggestions or ideas that may point me in the right direction, I would appreciate hearing them.

Again, thanks for the detailed and quick response.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. Thanks Ed.
    -Rui

marketfire

I have contacted the plugin developer, but I just wanted to point out that if I disable the Atelier theme, activate Twenty Fifteen theme, activate the plugin, and then reactivate Atelier I get the following error:

without object from outside a class in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/themes/atelier/includes/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 2954

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, first array member is not a valid class name or object in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/themes/atelier/includes/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 2954

I am waiting to hear back from the plugin developer, but considering I get errors stemming from the Atelier theme itself, I wanted to pass this along to you in case it may help resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hmm.. I’ll double check everything here but I honestly can’t see anything amiss from what is advised by TGM for inclusion. With the amount of troubles it causes we are looking to move away from it at some point in the near future.

Let us know what you hear from the plugin developer.

– Ed

marketfire

Will do, thanks Ed!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. Thanks Ed.
    -Rui

marketfire

This was in fact a problem with the plugin. Despite the plugin developer denying responsibility, I was able to fix the issue by replacing class-tgm-plugin-activation.php with the most recent version on github.

Thanks for looking in to it.

David Martin – Support

Thanks for reporting back, that is really rather useful to know for the future.

David.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Glad you sorted it.

– Ed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register