New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Error: Your theme has bundled outdated copies of WooCommerce template files

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    MarcusF

Hi

Just updated WooCommerce plugin and got this error:
    Your theme has bundled outdated copies of WooCommerce template files. If you notice an issue on your site, this could be the reason. Please contact your theme developer for further assistance. You can review the System Status report for full details or learn more about WooCommerce Template Structure here.

I scroll down and see that the specific files are these:

neighborhood/woocommerce/cart/cart-totals.php version 2.3.0 is outdated. Core version is 2.3.6,
    neighborhood/woocommerce/cart/cart.php version 2.3.0 is outdated. Core version is 2.3.8,

The update went flawless.. No errors.

What can it be?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

You need to update Neighborhood to the latest version that ensures compatibility with the latest Woocommerce version.

-Rui

4boards

Have the same issue, Neighborhood 2.18 installed with Woocommerce 2.3.8 but also have a CHILD theme which contains a WOOCOMMERCE/CART folder. I compared all the files in wp-content/themes/neighborhood/woocommerce/cart and wp-content/themes/neighborhood-child/woocommerce/cart found that quite a number of lines have following difference (swiftframework versus woocommerce):

EXISTING – wp-content/themes/neighborhood-child/woocommerce/cart/cart.php
    <th class=”product-quantity”><?php _e( ‘Quantity’, ‘woocommerce’ ); ?></th>

NEW – wp-content/themes/neighborhood/woocommerce/cart/cart.php
    <th class=”product-quantity”><?php _e( ‘Quantity’, ‘swiftframework’ ); ?></th>

There are no other differences in the files as far as I can see from using compare utility.

Please advise correct action:
    1. Copy complete neighborhood/woocommerce/cart folder to neighborhood-child/woocommerce/
    2. Copy and amend each instance of SWIFTFRAMEWORK to WOOCOMMERCE to match current files in CHILD theme folder.

Please note that I am IT competent but not very experienced with WordPress / Woocommerce.

Your help much appreciated.

Bob

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you place here the message of the exactly outdated file?
    Thanks

-Rui

4boards

Your theme has bundled outdated copies of WooCommerce template files. If you notice an issue on your site, this could be the reason. Please contact your theme developer for further assistance. You can review the System Status report for full details or learn more about WooCommerce Template Structure here.
    System Status Hide this notice

Here are the messages that appear under SYSTEM STATUS OVERRIDES(WOOCOMMERCE):

neighborhood-child/woocommerce/cart/cart-shipping.php version 2.1.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.3.0,
    neighborhood-child/woocommerce/cart/cart-totals.php version 2.3.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.3.6,
    neighborhood-child/woocommerce/cart/cart.php version 2.3.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.3.8,

Old and new versions of cart.php attached.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

attach them in a zip file
    -Rui

4boards

Zip files attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Have you tried to upgrade the theme?
    Thanks
    Mohammad

4boards

The theme has been upgraded to 2.18, is there a later version?

Please note the following:

Theme folder is; wp-content/themes/neighborhood/woocommerce/cart/cart.php this is where latest versions of the files are located.

Child-theme folder; wp-content/themes/neighborhood-child/woocommerce/cart/cart.php is activated and therefore files will be used from this location.

Taking in to account the above, surely any further update is only going to update files in wp-content/themes/neighborhood/woocommerce/cart/cart.php so the CHILD theme version is always going to be out-of-date unless identical. Therefore my question in #169495 is valid.

Apologies if I am not quite getting the point, your help is much appreciated.

Cheers
    Bob

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just checked your files, and basically you just need to update the version number of each file to match the latest version of the Woocoommerce files, since there are no significant changes.

Check this example attached

-Rui

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    4boards

Thanks for your help Rui, I have done that and everything is fine.

Guess it does raise one question, why change the version numbers of the files when there are no major differences?

Bob

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Not sure but Woocommerce changed it and we have to follow it to stop those notices in the admin.

-Rui

4boards

I am happy that this is resolved but it is not my topic.

Bob

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Great thanks to Rui.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register