New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Envato warning Visual Composer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    tynus

Hi,
    I’ve received an email from envato that the pinpoint theme is affected by the Visual Composer plugin and that it should be updated immediately.

However I can’t find that plugin inside the wp content?

Are they mistaken?

Here is the email:
    We are getting in touch to let you know about multiple XSS security vulnerabilities in the Visual Composer WordPress plugin versions prior to 4.7.4 (releases prior to October 2, 2015). This plugin was included in items you’ve purchased (listed below)……….

and:

Affected Items

Your items that include Visual Composer:

Pinpoint – Responsive Multi-Purpose WP Theme

What You Should Do

In order to secure your item from these vulnerabilities we strongly encourage you to update to version 4.7.4 or later as soon as possible.

…..
    Locate and unzip the downloaded plugin file.
    Connect to your server using an FTP client and upload the js_composer directory (from the downloaded zip file) to the wp-content/plugins/ directory. (Note: This will overwrite the old Visual Composer files with the secure versions.)
    Log into WordPress and navigate to the Plugins page to confirm the Visual Composer plugin is version 4.7.4
    ….

etc. etc.

Hope to hear from you,
    thanks

donnaklym

Please notify me as well on this issue.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just forward to our head developer so he can reply about that security situation.
    Let’s wait for the reply.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

As long as you upgrade to Pinpoint v1.67 (an auto update we pushed last week) – then you won’t need to worry. Just go to Dashboard > Updates, and make sure you have updated.

– Ed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register