New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Editing sf- files and including in child theme

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi Ed

I want to edit the sf-header.php, I am using the child theme so it needs to be saved within the child theme. However it does not work when you add it to child-theme/includes/sf-header.php

Is there something I need to add to the functions.php in the child theme to make this work? Or is it just not possible?

Thanks

Kyle

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You need to copy paste the functions that you need to modify into the child themes functions.php file and make your changes there. That way the function would get overridden.

Let me know.
    Thanks
    Tahir

Kyle – SUPPORT

Thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Kyle,

The best thing to do is copy across the function that you want to override to the child theme. This is better than replacing the whole file, as you end up only replacing what you actually need to.

If you have any issues with copying across the function, just let us know what you’re trying to do and we’ll be happy to help!

– Ed

Kyle – SUPPORT

Yes this worked. Thanks Ed & Team

Following from our emails discussing getting into WordPress Development, I am setting myself the task of child themeing Dante. Look forward to showing it you.

Thanks

Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it Kyle, drop me an email when you’re finished!

– Ed

wowzers3888

I am trying to remove the comments meta data on the PageBuilder Post Carousel. I found the code that needed to be changed in /dante/swift-framework/page-builder/builder/shortcodes/post-carousel.php on line 207.

I am using a child theme. How do I apply the change in my child theme? Can you please give an example function to add to my child theme’s functions.php?

Thank you.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @wowzers3888,

If you want to do something as simple as that, the best bet would be to add custom css to hide the code. Otherwise you will need to override the whole asset code.

Let me know if you need a further pointer on that.

– Ed

artshowapplepie

Hi Kyle,

I’m setting up a child theme myself, and i also have some changes made to the sf-header.php file for instance, i also have some language files added, could you explain me how to configure this in my child theme?

When i copy and create the same map structure nothing changes on the front end so i’m not sure where or how i have to set this things..

Thanks !!

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi artshowapplepie,

Could you please create a new thread with your url and what exactly you are trying to achieve .

Thanks
    Tahir

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register