New Landing How can we help? Atelier Directory (of brands) > Filter & pop-ups

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    Ideenbeckerei

Hallo, me again.
    I checked the Forum and the Knowledgebase but couldn’t find a solution to my problem.
    It’s about the Directory which is on my page the listing of chocolate producers: http://www.bean2bar2you.be/chocolate-makers/

We’ll have quite a big list so I refrain from using their logos as pin images. I’ll stick to the red standard one.
    When clicking on it, it opens a kind of pop-up. How can I add text? I guess it’s one of the ‘Custom fields’, but I don’t know which one (a table explaining all these would be cool).
    (I want this text to be clickable, and link to the single view. I guess this is no prob with simple html…)

That’s it. Thank you in advance.

David Martin – Support

Hey,

The custom excerpt should work, this looks like a small bug. I have notified the team and this should be resolved for the next update.

– David.

Ideenbeckerei

Hi David,
    it seems that the last update didn’t solve the issue.
    The text in the pop-up is now the one from the main text box.
    And unfortunately, nothing in the pop-up can be clicked.
    The image is the ‘featured image’ which is nice in principle, but displayed awfully prominent on the directory-single view…:-(

I know there’s (apparently) a bigger bug, but all I’d like to have is the pop-up with only the clickable name ๐Ÿ™‚

Ideenbeckerei

Do you think this bug will be killed in the next update?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

The problem of the excerpt was reported and it’s fixed.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bse0dx0td5numkd/Screenshot%202015-09-28%2014.48.47.png?dl=0

What you are talking about it’s a different thing, you are placing shortcodes inside the window content but it doesn’t work with shortcodes at the moment. But you can use html that will work.

Any improvment suggestion on the image of the single directory page?

-Rui

Ideenbeckerei

Hi Rui,
    the image that you sent shows a chocolate maker where I put dummy text ‘11111’ into the main text field.
    Click, for example, on the pin of Duffy’s in the UK. There you see the SPB code and text that I used in the main text field.
    If you go backend to the Grenada chocolate factory you can see that the custom text marked 222222 doesn’t appear no where (33333 is the summary text on the ‘directory’ > list view). So, I still believe the Custom Excerpt text in ‘Directory Options’ should feature in the pop-up box.

Regarding the ‘featured image’, which shows in the pop-up but also on top of the single view: could it be restricted to only show in the pop-up (and in the Listing view for that matter). Not in the single-view.

Sorry, I hope I’m clear, and we are not talking about two different things…. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

You are right something still not correct yet.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jroyazkmhsr7vbo/Screenshot%202015-10-01%2010.54.31.png?dl=0

In this case since it should show the same “1111111111” in the popup?

-Rui

Ideenbeckerei

Yes.
    There are three fields in the backend to add text to a single directory (here: chocolate maker).
    I added their field name to the numbers in the case of “Grenada chocolate Factory”. See attachment.

I don’t know where the “333333” text from the field ‘Excerpt’ is showing. I only see it backend in the listing of all brands.

I also added a photo to the Grenada entry. It’s nice on the pin pop-up and in the listing. But if features prominently on the single view and looks not nice.

In a nutshell:
    – The pop-up text should be either 222222 or 33333 (‘custom excerpt’ or ‘excerpt’ field)
    – Ideally that text is ‘clickable’. I hope basic html works there. The link would lead to the single view.
    – The featured image should show only in the pop-up and the listing, but NOT in the single view (as I didn’t find a way to hide or adjust it).

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

you can add the code below to your custom css option to remove the featured image in the Directory item page.

@media (min-width: 768px){
    .single-directory .col-sm-9 {
        width: 100%!important;
    }
    }

.single-directory .spb_image figure {
        display: none;
    }

Will make the necessary adjustments to display the correct excerpt.

Regarding the clickable text you will have to place the entire excerpt wrapped in an a href link and target it to the directory item page.

-Rui

Ideenbeckerei

Thanks, Rui,
    unfortunately it doesn’t work. The feature image still shows in single view.
    My whole custom CSS looks like this now:

.filter-search-container {
    margin-top: -6px;
    }
    .directory-item figure {
    width: 20%!important;
    }
    .single-directory .author-info-wrap {
    }
    .single-directory figure.media-wrap {
    max-width: 50%;
    margin: 0 auto 20px auto;
    }
    .single-directory-map {
    }
    .single-directory .post-details-wrap {
    }
    .single-directory .post-info.clearfix {
    }
    .summary-top .woocommerce-breadcrumb {
    }
    span.sku_wrapper {
    }
    .woocommerce div.product .woocommerce-tabs ul.tabs li.active a {
    color: #998675;
    }
    @media (min-width: 768px){
    .single-directory .col-sm-9 {
    width: 100%!important;
    }
    }

.single-directory .spb_image figure {
    }

And for the clickable text in the pop-up: I think I’ll be able to do this once the excerpt work correctly. Thanks!

David Martin – Support

To hide the image on a single directory view please use this:

.single-directory figure.media-wrap.media-type-image {
    }

– David.

Ideenbeckerei

Thanks, issue with the single-view featured image is fixed.

Last thing that remains is the bug with the excerpt fields: see my post from 1 Oct.

Thanks.

David Martin – Support

Great, I think Rui is working on an update for that. I’ll check with him now.

-David.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try this modified version of the sf-directory.php
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7s2iat71q6ji7y0/sf-directory.php?dl=0

Copy the attached file to atelier/swift-framework/core

Clear the cache and try again. Let us know the result.

-Rui

Ideenbeckerei

Thanks, Rui.
    I’m not a webmaster. But I somehow found my way to the sf-directory.php (using nt2ftp).

I copied the code into that file, but nothing happened on the frontend. The pop-up bug remains: http://www.bean2bar2you.be/chocolate-makers/

I cleared the browser’s cache, but I have the impression that was not the cache I had to clear….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.