New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Directory Meta (Categories & Tags)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    angelaliz

Hi,

I’m wanting to use the Directory content type for a portfolio gallery on a page on a development site that I’m working on (URL available to Support Staff). The reason I want to use the Directory content type is because I would like to keep this content separate from posts and other content types. Since the portfolio can only override an entire post type, this limits me from using a specific category of posts as the content, for example.

Anyway, my inquiry is this: I would like to be able to see the categories displayed beneath the directory post, like with regular posts. However, this isn’t currently the case and despite making the meta details visible on an individual directory page, the category does not show up (please view the page URL attached). The number of likes and date show up, but no categories. How can I make categories visible on directory pages?

Additionally, I’d like to be able to tag the individual directory pages, but there currently is no option to do so. Is there something I can add to a PHP file somewhere that will enable this functionality on directory pages? And can I then make those visible beneath the category (just like on a regular post)?

Please let me know if I can provide clarification.

David Martin – Support

Hi there,

Unfortunately that customisation is beyond our scope of support as it is more work than a small customisation.

We only provide support for theme issues, and at times basic customisations. While we’d love to be able to support every customisation request, we simply don’t have the time.

We recommend that you seek a freelance developer if you need to make that customisation.

Thanks,
    David.

angelaliz

Okay, thanks for letting me know, David. I’ll seek assistance elsewhere 🙂

David Martin – Support

No problem, thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register