New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Demo Content – Errors and no images showing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform

Hi,

I’ve been trying to import the demo content but can’t seem to get it to work. Some clues that will hopefully lead to an answer.

– In the Media Library through WordPress and in the uploads/2014/02 folder on the server i see “flexform_demo-content.xml.txt” Not sure if that indicates the process started, if that’s where it should be, if the “.txt” extension should be added, etc…

– I’ve tried the all the options under Tools/Wordpress/import. Once it uploads the XLM file I’ve selected the user to asigned the import authors and tried both checking and not checking the “Download and import file attachments” box.
    —- When I DO select the box I only get this error: “Failed to import slide-page ff about office”
    (edit: after trying that a second and third time I also get these messages: Media “L1020776” already exists. Media “L1020778” already exists.
    —- When I DON’T select the box I get pages full of errors, most of which appear to be regarding media/images. Here’s the first few:

Failed to import slide-page ff about office
    Media “L1020776” already exists.
    Media “L1020778” already exists.
    Media “L1030085” already exists.
    Failed to import Media “L1040896”
    Failed to import Media “16494750_72dpi_flip”
    Failed to import Media “portfolio—02”
    Failed to import Media “$45 Gift Voucher”
    Failed to import Media “$90 Gift Voucher”
    Failed to import Media “$135 Gift Voucher”
    Failed to import Media “$180 Gift Voucher”
    Failed to import Media “$225 Gift Voucher”
    Failed to import Media “$270 Gift Voucher”
    Failed to import Media “LISTN-FEED”
    Failed to import Media “LISTN-music-player”
    Failed to import Media “LISTN-my-profile2”
    Failed to import Media “ff_rp_bkg”
    Failed to import Media “ff_rp_bkg2”
    (it continues…)

Any ideas? The project I’m using it on demands I work quickly, and not being able to start from the demo content would be a huge loss.

On a possibly related note, where are the demo images supposed to live in the download file on my machine?

When the demo import works correctly, it should look and behave EXACTLY like the demo seen through themeforest, correct?

Thanks for the help.

D

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi,

you would never upload demo content via the media section of wordpress.
    The only way to import demo content is via the tools section.

Make sure your hosting company sets your maximum uploaded file size limit to 125MB until you imported your demo content.

But now that you imported it several times you need to clear your database first to make sure you start from scratch.

Database Reset

rootdigger

Hey Melanie, I’m having the same issue when importing the demo content. My maximum uploaded file size is set to 200 MB as described in the documentation, so are the other settings (except the value for max_input_time, which I could not find in my php.ini). I tried both, full content and alternative content import, with an without attachements checked. I finally also used the database reset plugin you recommended. During these processes, I got four types of “failed to import” messages like:

Failed to import slide-page ff about office

Failed to import Media “mismo-bag-grey007”
    Failed to import Media “mismo-bag-grey002”
    Failed to import Media “mismo-bag-grey001”
    Failed to import Media “barena-blazer-blue005_1”
    Failed to import Media “barena-blazer-blue002_1”

Failed to import pa_fabric 925 Sterling Silver
    Failed to import pa_fabric Acetate
    Failed to import pa_fabric Acrylic
    Failed to import pa_colour Beige
    Failed to import pa_colour Black
    Failed to import pa_colour Blue

Failed to import “Office 1”: Invalid post type slide
    Failed to import “Office 2”: Invalid post type slide
    Failed to import “Office 3”: Invalid post type slide

Here is my website to check: http://www.hiddenrooms.de, right now its in the state of full demo content upload (split xml, with attachments), but again with errors.

As you asked in this thread,

http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/problem-with-sample-data/

I asked my hosting company for errors. They replied:

WordPress-Database-Error Table
    ‘xxxxxx__woocommerce_attribute_taxonomies’ doesn’t exist
    f\xc3\xbcr query SELECT * FROM
    xxxxxx__woocommerce_attribute_taxonomies von
    require_once(‘wp-admin/admin.php’), require_once(‘wp-load.php’),
    require_once(‘wp-config.php’), require_once(‘wp-settings.php’),
    do_action(‘init’), call_user_func_array, setup_framework_options,
    get_woo_product_filters_array, referer:
    https://hiddenrooms.de/wp-admin/update.php?action=upload-theme

So this means “SELECT * FROM
    xxxxxx__woocommerce_attribute_taxonomies” could not be executed, because the table did not exist at this time. Later, they checked my database, and this table existed then.

Looking at my back-end, i have imported 83 pages, 114 comments, and 19 media elements, which are not assigned to posts or pages.

I would appreciate some help, best, Ruediger

rootdigger

Additional information: I’m using the neighborhood-theme:)

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi,

it sounds like you tried to import the demo content without having installed the required plugins first, like WooCommerce or slider?

tjsihota

Hi,

I’m also having the same problem. I’ve done the wp database reset after each time re-uploading the xml files too. I’ve tried all avenues with the full, alt and split xml files and still it fails to import the images (a couple times a few images showed up). I’ve contacted my hosting company (hostgator) and they altered my settings to the same a suggested in the documentation and it made no difference. It’s really starting to aggravate me now so any help would be great.

Also I’ve tried it with selecting and unslecting the “downloads and import attachments” checkbox. If my hosting company have changes the.

I’ve just noticed when re-uploading the theme on WP it says that product attributes (I think it’s that) is out of date – how do I update it?

P.s. I also tried the gz file method suggested in one of the other threads and still nothing

Thanks

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

The slide import errors – ignore them, they are just as the wooslider plugin isn’t included anymore.

The product errors are because you don’t have WooCommerce installed – so you can ignore those too.

The best method to finishing the process (if it times out or you get white error page), is to press the browser back button, and then continue the process again – you may need to do this a few times.

Unfortunately server restrictions and a lot of content make this process sometimes a little tricky.

Thanks,

– Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register