Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Clique
    Kraver

I am sorry to be having such difficulty. I followed these instruction to the letter:

Demo Content

Both the theme content and theme options have been provided so that you can set up the theme to look exactly like the demo in a few minutes. The xml file is to use through the WordPress import tool. The theme options text file is to copy and paste the contents into the box provided within Theme Options, under the Backup sub-menu.

My site is still not showing the demo. What did I miss? Could you please help me get this to work? I did every step of your instructions. Thank you.

Kraver

I tried to attach the two demo files included with the theme but one of them is too big to send. I assume as the developer, you must have this already though, no?

Kraver

I forgot to include these. I followed the directions and it seemed to look like it should work, but the theme still isn’t showing the demo version.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kraver

No one has replied to my post, yet, they have replied to a post that came after mine.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Apologize for the delay.
    The demo content wasn’t imported properly.
    I imported again the xml file, also assigned the menus in Appearance-> Menus

Also in Settings-> Reading I have chosen the Portfolio page.

Hope you like it.

-Rui

Kraver

Thank you. I do have another question. I see in the media library on photo for this. It is a full sized image.
    http://www.kellyannraverdesign.com/wp/wp-admin/post.php?post=649&action=edit

Yet, you have a thumbnail on this page uploaded. I do not see the thumbnail in the media library. I am trying to figure out how the thumbnail was generated. Did it come from Vimio automatically generated? Otherwise what size thumbnail is this and where does it live? Because I do not see the thumbnail in the media library.

I have a few youtube videos, and they usually import an image when you put in the url. How will this work?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

The thumbnail for the youtube is provide by Youtube in real time.

When you upload one image to WordPress it’s generate several sizes of that image according to the specifications of the activate theme/plugins.

Hope it explains.

-Rui

Kraver

Than why is there a place to upload a thumbnail if it is automatically generated?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Can you send me a screenshot of that field so I can understand exactly what you mean?
    Thanks

-Rui

Kraver

See? It asks you to upload a thumbnail. Yet, I do not see a thumnail in the media library and I do not know what the dimensions of it are. There is clearly an image uploaded in this spot. It didn’t just generate there. Thanks.

Attachments:
    Kraver

See? It asks you to upload a thumbnail. Yet, I do not see a thumbnail in the media library and I do not know what the dimensions of it are. There is clearly an image uploaded in this spot. It didn’t just generate there. Thanks.

Attachments:
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Now I understand, in that place you only choose the image from the media library. That thumbnail you see it’s just for display purposes so you can see the chosen image.

Like I told the image that will be used it’s a smaller version of the one you uploaded that is generate instantly when you upload it to the media library.

This is the thumbnail used in the Portfolio page.

http://www.kellyannraverdesign.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/339575199_1280-500×375.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfztpbqqvyg5gg3/portfolio_clique.png?dl=0

-Rui

Kraver

So I just use a full size image there and it will make a smaller one automatically?

I also want to confirm, or clarify, if I use a youtube video, will the places for an image self populate because youtube comes with its own image.

I also have to put in a featured image and that shows up on a blog page, linking your portfolio image to it? Is this blog page in the menu? Do I make this page separately? Your documentation really doesn’t cover very much at all. In other themes i have used it goes a little more in depth of how to do stuff.

Right now my portfolio is made in Dreamweaver and I have separate pages with a portfolio on each segregating Graphic Design, Fine art, video, etc. There is no way to do this with the theme so that everything isn’t in one portfolio? Because combining different mediums really doesn’t seem right. Can you make separate portfolios on each page?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Exactly, just chose an image from the gallery there.

It will use the youtube thumbnail.

That’s not possible with Clique theme, only possible in the latest themes that use a different framework.

-Rui

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register