New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Default Product Category Order

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    adamf

Ok, so if you have a product category with 3 sub-categories like this:

—- MEN
    ——- Pants
    ——- Shirts
    ——- Jackets

and then you click the top category “Men” in Dante (and also probably Neighborhood) the results are all mixed by product added date instead of listed by category… the categories are all mixed together and they actually should be listed by the order that they are listed in Woocommerce > Products > Category … is there a way that I can change the way the products are sorted so that they are listed hierarchically by category?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

When does any shop website order their products by category? It’s always ordered by date. The only thing you could do is set it to show sub categories instead of products, you do this in WooCommerce settings

– Kyle

adamf

I think maybe you might have misunderstood, here is another example:

If you go to JCrew.com and click on the “Women” top category, the results are listed and separated by sub-category… each category has a title above it that separates the sub-categories. In woocommerce, it seems like the product archive should do the same ordering for displaying products that fall into sub-categories… so maybe it’s a woocommerce issue? I’m just wondering if there is a way in Dante to do the same thing.

(product category listing/archive page)
    https://www.jcrew.com/womens_feature/NewArrivals.jsp?intcmp=home_na_w

WOMEN:

“SHIRTS & TOPS”
    [products]

“KNITS & TEES”
    [products]

“DRESSES”
    [products]

etc. etc.

Kyle – SUPPORT

No it’s not an issue, that’s something that’s unique to that site. I’m afraid this is not currently possible with WooCommerce

– Kyle

adamf

Ok – sorry to waste your time.

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem, sorry I couldn’t help

– Kyle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register