Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    sjeon

Hello,

We just went through site migration from GoDaddy’s old hosting to new, and have reset the database on the new server. I have copied all the contents of the wp-content folder from backup and pasted them into new server’s wp-content folder, and the site now appears to have lost the theme settings made previously. When I go to Theme Options on Dashboard, it seems the settings have been reset to default… Do you have any ideas why and advise me how to fix this?

Thanks!

David Martin – Support

Hi,

This is because you reset your database, theme settings are stored within the database. Ask Godaddy if they have your old database backed up.

Thanks,
    David.

sjeon

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I had database backup in sql and imported it – is it possible only the theme got set to default though? Other plugins have the settings back as made before.

Thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You should have all theme settings by default.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Mohammad

David Martin – Support

There an option to export your theme options.

If you can revert back to an old backup, you can export them, then run through your updates and import the theme settings.

Thanks,
    David

sjeon

Thanks for the reply, David & Mohammad.

I have tried to retrieve it from database backed up on different dates up to 2 weeks back actually, but theme settings were all reset. So odd. Should I just keep going backwards until I find something? What if I don’t find any? Would there be any suggestions you may have for me in this case? What would possibly be the reason that theme settings weren’t backed up on database sql?

Thanks,
    Soo

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I the only possible cause is that it wasn’t a full backup with all the tables of the database, maybe the options table was left behind by mistake.

The only change is gaining access to and previous backup and export the theme options. It it takes to much time, better adjust again the theme options.

The development site is already gone? You should kept it for while.

-Rui

sjeon

Thanks Rui for your response.

Yea it’s just odd how only the theme settings are missing. It’s system auto backup, and it used to back up all with no issues – so it’s hard for me to think it’s mistakenly left behind. ๐Ÿ™ What do you think?

I’ll look further up and see if old ones are still there.

Thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I hope so also that old ones should there.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register