New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Dante Translations

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 121 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

As standard, Dante comes ready with English & French translations, but we’d love for this to extend to as many languages as possible – truly making it accessible for users all around the world.

We’d really appreciate it if you could send over completed language files for other translations that you’ve done yourself, as we can then include it in the theme for you (so you don’t need to re-add it when you update), but also for others.

Thanks in advance!

– Ed

abeldb

Great proposal,,,,
    I wish all developers do the same,
    Thank you Ed!

artaudlemomo

I will need the Spanish translation for my website, If anyone has done it before me then I will upload mine.

blacktronix

have anybody the full german translation ?

sagilca

Hi,

I also need it. Maybe we can share the work? 😉

gps24

I try to translate to polish. But text with polish characters is shown as in attachment. Could you help me?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@gps24 – please make sure you have your translation file set as UTF-8 encoding within POEdit, Catalog > Settings, as so – https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub2g77sp5lpqw83/Screenshot%202013-12-13%2001.08.45.png

Hope that helps.

– Ed

mcruywagen

Also need the German translation- I dont know German- so it would be really helpfull!

gps24

@Swift Ideas – Ed Than for help but In meantime I translate using the Plugin Codestyling Localization, but the same problem.

fudovsky

I can translate to polish too. But almost the same problem here. I’ve put normal text (post text) and i see something like in attachment. On the beginning I’ve thinking it was problem with Google font. Now I’ve changed to Helvetica. it’s the same – strange but i see it dependence from the style strong. Please help, i will help to translate 🙂

fudovsky

gps24 did you resolve your problem?

gps24

nop
    You can test by yourself, please translate text of any button to something like “Zażółć gąskę”

fudovsky

I think i know. All about charset – for special charcter we should have charset=latin-ext.
    I saw this settings on other themes, for example jupiter have.

The problem with missing marks may be related to the set of marks exposed by a particular alphabet. For example, Google Web Fonts differentiates between eight character sets: Cyrrilic, Cyrrilic…Latin,Latin Extneded.
    The basic font typeface imported from the Google Fonts repository is usually specified as “Latin”, and this is precisely why there is a lack of the symbols characteristic of the remaining font families.

Question to support is there any simple way to change charset? Maybe you Can add an option to theme in fonts settings?

gregers

The translation of GPS24 should be OK 😀 but the problem is not with font but with acting fonts in theme… in custom css field you should add fonts with latin extended (capability) for an example Author One and Source Sans Pro so it would be like this:

// IMPORT THE FONT
    @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Autour+One&subset=latin,latin-ext);
    @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Source+Sans+Pro&subset=latin,latin-ext);

// BODY FONT
    body, h6 {
    font-family: ‘Source Sans Pro’, sans-serif;
    }

// HEADINGS FONT
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, .custom-caption p, span.dropcap1, span.dropcap2, span.dropcap3, span.dropcap4, .spb_call_text, .impact-text, .impact-text-large, .testimonial-text, .header-advert, .sf-count-asset .count-number, #base-promo, .sf-countdown, .sf-icon-character, .fancy-heading h1 {
    font-family: “Autour One”, serif;
    }

and according to documentation it should be OK…. but in 1.15 it still not working so You need to change it manually in header.php.

I’m not sure how it is acting in vesion 1.2 (because was mentioned that some issues with googlefonts were corrected). I will check it tomorrow. 🙂

And I’ve also translated .po so I’m uploading it with this reply, enjoy!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thank you @gregers!

@fudovsky
    – try the post above, that should work fine for you!

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 121 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register